Sears - Washing Machine / sears has not repaired my washer for 4 months

United States, Maryland Review updated:
My washing machine from Sears first needed repair on December 15, 2008. At which point it was determined by the technician that the door needed a simple repair. Once the part was sent to my house another technician came to the house and luckily checked the machine a bit more an determined that there was a much larger repair to be done.

If I remember correctly 5 new parts were sent. the technician came and found one of the parts broken... reordered it, and 10 days later was back. Many hours later...machine still did not work!

Now 4 months later, 12 technician visits later, 3 broken parts sent, at least 15 parts sent, my washer does still not work AND ALL SEARS WILL SAY IS "we need to send you new parts"

The technician last time said that there is nothing left for him to do, because he can't get permission to get a new washer for me until the amount spent on parts is$ 500. they use some clever formula, because when I add up the parts ordered on the large pile of Tickets, it is way over $500!

Can anyone recommend what else I can possibly do to get Sears to respect my problem?

N  6th of Apr, 2009 by
Buy from another company is my recommendation. I had always bought Sears - Kenmore -- then about 2 years ago my Kenmore Front-Loader that was only about 2 years old broke. The repair people didn't give me a choice, it was out of warranty time frame, and the basket housing was busted (major repair). For the cost of the repair (just my part) I could buy another front-loader -- which I did from Lowe's. Sorry that you are having such problems -- but Sears & their Kenmore products have gone way down the tubes!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands