Sears Warranty / 50 dollar inspection fee on warranty item

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a new lawnmower 7 weeks ago through sears canada because they offer a 2 year warranty. The primer pump is leaking gas as quickly as you pour the gas into the tank. I called my local store and was told to bring the lawnmower in and it will be shipped out free of charge to be fixed. I went straight to the store with the lawnmower and I was told a 50 dollar inspection fee. I have not used the lawnmower more than a handfull of times and I refused to pay it. This is absurd to think a warranty item would have a 50 dollar "inspection fee". I will never buy a major appliace through sears again. As if a practically new purchase breaks is not enough stress and hastle for a customer in the first place, then to have the audacity to ask for more money on top of the purchase to look at the warrantied item. Please!!!

Cr

Comments

• Ga
      7th of Jul, 2009

A warranty does not guarantee you're going to not pay for it if it needs to be looked at. A warranty is simply a guarantee that if it breaks and they cannot fix it, they'll refund you the money.

• Se
      21st of May, 2010

SEARS IS GOING FROM BAD TO BE A SCAM. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A FRIDGE AND I CALLED TO FIND OUT COST OF WARRENTY AND THEY SAY INSPECTION FEE OF $100 ITS A NEW WAY OF MAKING MONEY SEND A GUY TO INSPECT AND EARN $100.00 FOR DOING NOTHING.
    SCAM SCAM SCAM
    WE NEED TO REPORT THIS TO THE POLICE

• Fl
      5th of Jun, 2012
    Sears Warranty - water heater warranty
    Sears
    Arizona

I had a Kenmore water heater that broke after 7 years. It had a 12 year warranty, so I called to have it replaced a week ago. It was supposed to be installed the next day. The first problem encountered was understandable. The replacement unit was too big due to additional insulation so I had to call for a smaller unit. After paying an additions $70 for immediate delivery to my home of the water heater that was out of stock, it has been sitting in my driveway for three days because they the installation department cannot coordinate my installation. I have made numerous calls for the last 7 days, put on hold for hours, have been disconnected, transferred over and over, and no one can take care of this. I paid over $300 for the installation that I have yet to see, plus an additional $70 for a quick delivery of a product that cannot be installed. I am so sick and tired of this issue. This appliance warranty service is a joke!!!