Sears / credit denied

1 Summerfield, FL, United States Review updated:

We went in to the store on December 8, 2010 to purchase an upright freezer. When our credit card was presented we were denied because our card had been cancelled from lack of activity. I have been a customer with Sears since 1996. I don't buy a large amount of products but whenever I am looking for a new appliance I go to Sears.

The answer I received when I called customer service was that is company policy and she was not able to do anything. I am really upset that my account was cancelled and if this cannot be resolved I will not be using Sears in the future

Rosemarie Furlow
17365 SE 76th Champion Avenue
The Villages, Fl. 32162
[protected]
furlow123@embarqmail.com

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Dec, 2010

That is not a good enough reason. I have have a credit card with Sears since 1996. I don't use it often but when I want to use it, it should be there. It was supposed to expire may, 2012.

9th of Dec, 2010

That is not a good enough reason. I have had a credit card with Sears since 1996. I have always paid my bills on time. I don't use it often, but when I want to make a purchase it should not be cancelled for lack of use. It was supposed to expire MY, 2012

10th of Dec, 2010

ok, well you don't care about keeping customers no matter how little they use the credit card. So I cut my cards up and I am done with Sears. I sure hope everyone feels like I do. All you care about is making money and not the customer.

10th of Dec, 2010

The cashier said we had to fill out a new application and they wouldn't open a new account for us. So we left without our purchase.

13th of Dec, 2010

You are so wrong. We have perfect credit. So I don't know what the problem is.

• Nl
      29th of Dec, 2010

Accounts are closed for no activity after like 18-24 months. It's very easy to get another card. If your credit has gone south that is no one's fault but your own. If you think about it you will realize that them closing inactive accounts makes sense for a few reasons. 1) You get your purse stolen and have all your cards in it then its one thing you dont have to worry about. 2) If you aren't using it why would it make sense for them to leave the account active and cost them money lol. It's people like you that make people hate customer service jobs because I'm sure you probably weren't a very nice woman to the sales person when the card was denied when in no way was it their fault. You just seem to be the type to nitpick all the stupid little things.

• Se
      16th of Feb, 2011

Sears Credit was taken over by Citi Bank. They culled all of the inactive accounts, and closed them. This individual could've gotten a new card at the cash wrap...all it would've taken was about 5 minutes and a drivers license. As someone else pointed out, this person simply wants to complain about anything and everything when the solution was readily apparent.