Sears / parts and service department

1 21 eastmoor drSilver Spring, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301-592-1503

A week a go I ordered two parts to repair a lawn mower. I ordered on part while at the Sears Parts and Service Center (White Oak shopping center) which took approximately 20 minutes before being helped. When the part was ordered I asked the employee could I have the shipping tracking number so I know when to expect it. He said, "no, but call us here and we'll tell you the status of your order". He then wrote the phn #, [protected] on my receipt which was fine.

Today, I called that phn # and was put on hold for nearly 45 min!!! At that point I hung up and tried back 30 minutes later and the phone was answered and quickly hung up. This happened 4 times!!! Then it rang continuously and I never reached anyone.

I'm 41yrs old and my parents use to take me to this Sears when I was a boy to buy me "Tough Skins" and when Christmas neared we made out our Christmas wish list for Santa by putting and "X" next to the toy we wanted in the Sears catalog. It was an EVENT when my parents told us "we're going to Sears".

The quality of the exceptionally poor service I experienced is only a reflection the quality employee that Sears now hires. Customer Service is crucial, especially in this current economic climate and Sears appears to be joining the growing list of American companies that were once great but now defunct or out of business.

My children will never know what the inside of a Sears looks like, you can be certain of that. But I do expect them to ask me one day, "Daddy, what's that big red abandoned building with the letters S E A R S on the side of it?

Comments

• Du
      29th of May, 2009

I TRIED TO GET ON THIS SITE TO ORDER LAWN MOWER PART. I HAD MODEL SERIAL AND PARTS NUMBERS I COULD NOT EVEN GET INTO THE PROGRAM TO PLACE MY ORDER. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED AND MY BROTHER-N-LAW HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. NOT ONLY CAN YOU NOT GET PARTS FROM THE LOCAL PARTS HOUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAR YOU ARE AKSING FOR. MORE THAN ONCE I HAVE HAD TO GO TO A LOCAL LAWNMOWER SHOP TO GET PARTS. I DID CALL BY PHONE AND THE PARTS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE COMMING. THE YOUNG LADY WAS VERY NICE AND I EXPLAINED THE COMPUTER PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN A SEARS CARD HOLDER SINCE 1971 BUT I WILL SOON BE TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSE WHERE. AND DO NOT TRY TO BLAME IT ON THE ECONOMY THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON LONG BEFORE THIS. U.S.COAST GUARD RETIRED. DUANE W. GALE