Sears / not warned of hidden fees when being approved of sears card.
I purchased an item at sears.
Here is the salescheck # [protected].
The cashier offered me a $15 discount, if I applied for a sears card. I asked if there were any fees for the card, and she said no. So I signed up.
Later that night, I looked over my receipt and it says that there is an annual fee of $59.00! So I went back to the sears cashier the next day to ask what happened. A different person was there, and they couldn't explain why, so they gave me a number to call [protected]. I called this number and they directed me to sears solutions master card [protected].
I called them, and they told me to take it up with national customer relations [protected]. They couldn't help, so they directed me to sears credit card department [protected]. They said that I had to take it up with hsbc bank, which is the same place as sears solutions master card. [protected]. So, I was back in full circle.
The operator at hsbc was getting really annoyed with me, saying it was my fault for signing the little electronic box, that says I agreed to paying the $59 annual fee. However, the cashier did not indicate to me that I was signing a credit card fee approval. I thought I was signing for the purchase!
Anyhow, I requested cancellation of the card and filed a complaint over the phone, at hsbc.
I'm sending this message as a record of complaint, that if sears customer service personnel makes credit card offers, that they must make it clear to the customer that the card is affiliated with a bank, and that there may be fees applied by the bank, through credit approval. Customers must also be made aware of when they sign the electronic box, that it is for credit approval, and not item purchase.
Hopefully, this will save a lot of future hassle for sears, there customers, and the credit card companies.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Brands - Kenmore elite Refrigerator
- Sears Brands - order
- Sears Brands - bosch dishwasher
- Sears - lawn tractor home service
- Sears Home Repair - kenmore elite washing machine repair