Sears / sales scam

1 Gorham New Hampshire SEARS, United States

On Dec 6 2015, I received an email from Sears advertising a Champion generator on sale. I purchased it from Sears the payment was made to Sears, the invoice came from Sears. Being closed to the Holiday the return policy on the invoice from Sears said that if needed, it should be returned by January 26. A week after delivery I called to return it and was told that it was sold by a third party that Sears has a contract with. I called this third party and got a answering machine, someone with a heavy foreign accent, which is typical of this day and age. I left a message asking them to return the call. They never did. Today I called Sears again, told them what happen and they promised I'd hear from the seller. The seller emailed me and said they wouldn't take the return after one week or if the box had been open. I repeat - I purchased it from Sears the payment was made to Sears, the invoice came from Sears. Being closed to the Holiday the return policy on the invoice from Sears said that if needed, it should be returned by January 26.

Ch