Sears / master protection agreement

1 Round Rock, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-310-1840

Sears Master Protection Agreement has become a very bad joke. I have been a loyal customer since 2003, covering multiple appliances all purchased from Sears. Since 2006 the "service" has become progressively worse, and the courtesy of the "service representatives" no longer exists.

So long Sears!! It's no wonder that your business is failing.

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Apr, 2008

Sears sold me a new furnace march 4, 2002, first time installed the wrong furnace it ran for a couple of days, then installed the correct furnance. I purchased a Master Protection Agreement and had the furnance checked each year.

On March 28th the service tech discovered that the Blower assemble needs to be replace. Now get this 24 days AFTER the warranty expires!

He orders the replacement and leaves my furnace not operational (It was working before he came to look at it) I have called 1-800-469-4663 each day to try and get my furnance back working So far no one has returned my calls. I still have a cold house and does anyone at SEARS really care.

Today the customer service rep told me I need to look at this from the Technicians point of view. WHAT THE!

• Ti
      4th of Jul, 2008

Sears Master Protection Agreement has become a very bad joke. I have been a loyal customer since 1980, covering multiple appliances all purchased from Sears. Since 2005 the "service" has become progressively worse, and the courtesy of the "service representatives" no longer exists.

Their telephone reps are rude, uninformed and even abusive. They now require over a week to schedule an appointment to repair a non-functioning appliance, which then requires a follow up appointment over a week beyond that, since the service technician did not get accurate information from the "service" rep prior to making the first call. Sears is big company but they don't know who is customer is. No wonder why Sears stock never go up. They forget how to treat customer.
    CUSTOMER IS ALWAY NUMBER ONE. CUSTOMER CARE.
    At one services alone come to the house to repair a refrigerator not working are four (4) persons: 3 design engineer from the company they make parts for Sears appliances, 1 technician and Sear engineer on the phone. They talk to each other for almost 30 minute, then they decided what to fixed and it work for about 3 weeks and stop working, from there on the refrigerator get worst the worst, from working product to NON working product and to my experience Sears spend more money or waited their money on their Tech to keep them busy then replace a NEW refrigerator to customer. I keep calling and e mail to home Sears’s services for help but NO body care about WHO IS YOUR CUSTOMER IS? Their telephone reps are rude, uninformed and even abusive. They now require over a week to schedule an appointment to repair a non-functioning appliance. Where do I keep my food from now until they come to fix the problem? What if they can't or they have to order parts and wait for 2 week for parts arrive. Mr. C.E.O, if this happened to you or you heard this happened to one of your family members, would you or they consider this an acceptable offer and good customer service? Do you think this enough? I think so more then enough is enough just tell them to replace the BAD refrigerator to Working refrigerator. This is on going for past 9 or 10 months now. Oh by the way I just received a 10% discount to buy a new Master Protection Plan for my refrigerator and my still effect until end of November 2010.
    It's no wonder that your business is failing.
    Mr. C.E.O. do you think you should open an investigate in Customer relationship area?

• Je
      26th of Aug, 2008

THIS WAS WRITTEN BELOW THE COMMENT... "Please check text spelling before submitting comment "

Who cares about the spelling! It made perfect sense to me and again SEARS should be ashamed.
    Maybe a boycott would help?

• St
      29th of Jan, 2009

You are a ###

• Be
      11th of Feb, 2010

The business is not failing. To inform you

• St
      14th of Sep, 2010

I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., a major metro area. There are Sears stores throughout the area and my family has purchased Sears products for at leas 50 years as Sears always stood by their work, craftmanship, and quality.

I finally had a reson to contact Sears and use my master protection agreement as my top-line Kenmore elite oven stopped working. When I called to make an appointment, I was told I would have to wait THREE WEEKS before a technician could come to my house. Disappointed, I made the appointment.

Just before the appointment date, I was called by Sears to tell me that they were overbooked and I would have to WAIT AN ADDITIONAL THREE WEEKS before a technician could come to my house.

Six weeks after I made the initial appointment, the technician showed up. He was able to quickly diagnose the problem. My oven needed a new relay. He did not have one one his truck and after makaing a few phone calls could not find one in the area. He had to order one. He said it would arrive at my house the next day (which it did). However, he said it would he ANOTHER THREE WEEKS before he could come back to install the relay.

I HAVE WAITED NEARLY NINE WEEKS to have this simple problem fixed. I hope the technician shows up next week to fix the stove.

At this point - and I hope Sears monitors this post - I will never again purchase anything from Sears. I have told as many people as I can about how I have been treated by Sears and how it has taken more than two months for Sears to honor their agreement. I recommend to everyone I know to purchase products and appliances anyplace but Sears.

I have contacted Sears customer serivice seven times trying to schedule an earlier appointment. Every time I'm given the same line about how sorry Sears is for my inconvenience. Everyone is very sympathetic on the phone, but no one is willing to help me. Sorry, but having to wait more than two months to have a simple part replaced on my oven is completely unacceptable

The Sears name used to stand for something. There was a time when Sears actually cared about customer service and about treating its customers well. Those days have passed. Sears no longer stands behind its products and does not honor its service agreements. If I cannot get decent service in a major metropolitain area, there is no way you will get decent customer service where you live.

If you are considering purchasing a Sears service agreement, please DO NOT do it. You will be very disappointed if you ever have to use it. Sears will push you off an delay service in the hope that you will simply give up.

13th of Aug, 2011

i my self have sears 5 years agreement protection plan for kenmore cooking range and it gets defected .sears they cheated me i pay 564.94 and what they give me buy out only 300.00 .Never buy from sears.