[Resolved] Sears Riding Lawn Mower Zero Turn / noise

1 Askov, MN, United States Review updated:

I bought today a zero turn rider model 247.28933 . i drove 4 hrs to get it . the lawn mower make 2 noises 1 is the motor. the second is i dont know to me it sounds like gears are grinding. the second noise is louder than the motor. When i called to ask question i just got passed from one person to another. i got no answers. is this normal. when i call a different store they wouldnt answer my question. when i tried to set up a apptment. they tell me it well cost me if their is nothing wrong. i dont know if their something wrong i just know that ive never heard a lawmower that is this loud and with 2 complete noises. when i asked about returning it i still cant get a straight answer. WHAT CAN I DO

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2011

To jean johnson,

My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I want to apologize for the lack of customer service you received yesterday and for the fact that your mower failed so soon. I understand that you drove far to shop with us and we certainly would appreciate the opportunity to make this right. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com and provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (jean johnson) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

• Jk
      23rd of May, 2011

Return it immediately and get a different mower. Sears has a Satisfaction Guarantee. Tell them you are not satisfied.

Try out the new mower at the store BEFORE you bring it home.