Sears / refridgerator repair

Dayton, OH, United States Review updated:

Had a "Sears Home Services" repair person in yesterday to repair my refrigerator's water dispenser. The standard service call rate is $65, no problem there. After a 5 minute diagnostic test it was determined it had a bad water valve. The cost of the new valve was $ 89, no problem there. Total labor hours to replace valve was 20 minutes (and that's generous ) Labor charge was $203 ! When I questioned the labor cost and labor rate...he said it was there standard rate for this type of repair.
This morning I woke up to a flooded kitchen (it did NOT leak prior to his repair) - When I called Sears Home Services I was told the next available appointment would be in 2 days...So I paid $203 for 20 minutes of labor to flood my kitchen!

Comments

• Aa
      5th of Apr, 2012

Dear J.McMullen,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to apologize for the continued frustration with your refrigerator’s water dispenser, and any additional inconvenience the water leak caused you. Our repair costs are not calculated by time on a job, but are based on pre-set job code amounts. With that being said we would like to speak with you more about this situation, and see how we can get this taken care of.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (J.McMullen) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.