[Resolved] Sears Proformtreadmill / #00624833000 / unresolved complaint to sears.com regarding layaway

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States

I initiated an online layaways on 3/42013 and paid via MC $75.55 for the first payment. On 3/17/13, two days before the 2nd installment was due, I logged into my Sears account and was unable to make a payment, I waited two days and tried again, still unable to make a payment. Contacted Sears. Com and was told to wait 5 business days after the due date when the payment was OFFICIALLY late and then I would be able to make a payment. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Called sears.com back and was referred to my local Sears store who referred me back to Sears.com since the layaway was initiated online. Called Sears.com back who called the store while i was on the phone, who stated they had no record of layaway. OH MY GOD. I'M GETTING A HEADACHE. Called Sears back on 3/28 spoke to Marjorie/mgr for online solutions. Marjorie aagreed to submit request to cancel layaway and refund full amount of $75.55. States that request would take 4-5 business days to process. CALLED Sears.com today (4/10/13) and was told by Trixie(really...not her name I'm sure) ANOTHER MANAGER, that request submitted on 3/28/13 was not completed because treadmill has not reached the store. WHAT THE [censored] is going on. Does anyone at Sears.comhave brains. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CANCEL MY LAYAWAY CONTRACT AND REFUND MY $75.55 PAYMENT.!!!

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 11, 2013

Dear Delisa Thompson,

My name is Trent and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. Please accept our apologies for the frustrations you have encountered with your online layaway. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and help resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Delisa Thompson), to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Trent A.