Sears PartsDirect / sears service and parts center is atrocious

Went to order a part from Sears Parts Direct. Last night sat on hold on number provided on Web Site for 60 minutes with a recording message. Sat on hold for 20 minutes this AM, call was answered and I was informed that I needed to call a different number. Called number and spoke to extremely rude representative. Was looking for possible will call pickup, she indicated there were no service centers in my area, although I am personally aware of 2 centers within 10 miles. Called back to get different representative. Indicated part was not available in my area. Ordered part for next Mon. delivery. Phoned back 5 minutes later to ask to cancel order, as I figured out it made more sense to purchase new stove. Was told I could not cancel order, would need to receive the part and then return (and eat shipping.) This is one of several time wasting experiences I have had with Sears- their service is horrible. Purchased new stove from ABT, local company in Chicago- incredible service and stock. SAY NO TO SEARS. They deserve to go out of business.

Va

Comments

25th of Apr, 2008

I was duped into accepting an item that I discovered I was overcharged for. A simple $1.00 plastic connector is needed to drain the Kenwood dehumidifier. It should have came with the $200 machine. They charged me over $11.00 and it wouldn't come for 5 days. I called back only 3 minutes later and was told it was impossible to cancel orders. I CALLED BACK 3 MINUTES LATER BUT COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDER.
    Before I called, I drove to a SEARS Parts and Repair Center and was told the retial store carries it. The store doesn't stock it so they told me to call 1-800-4-MY HOME. Please dont' ever call them and don't buy Sears applicances.

• Te
      3rd of May, 2008
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

FIX YOUR DAM WEBSITE OR I AM GOING TO TELL ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS THAT IF THEY BUY CRAFTSMAN LAWN EQUIPMENT THROW IT IN THE ###ING TRASH

• Vi
      7th of Jul, 2008

Four times I have tried to order a handle for my mower. It controls the gas on the engine and is used to start the mower. Four times I have received the wrong part. Three times the drive handle was shipped and one time the gas cable was shipped . I think everyone has head up a--. Then I call and ask for a superviser and get put on hold for long lengths of time .Its been 4 weeks and I still dont have the correct part. Guess what I will not buy another appliance from Sears and will tell my freinds about the experience.

• Mr
      21st of Jan, 2009

This organization sucks! I tried to buy a garage door motor from them. Today, I was pushed around various departments over a span of 1 1/2hrs before I hung up. Spoke to the most untrained numb nuts from the repair center, supervisors, escalation desk, even to sales (that was the last straw), and even the corporate headquarters.

They better get their act together, real soon.

• Se
      15th of Feb, 2009

I work for Searsparts direct and though I have heard the horror stories and seen some files and orders that have been mismanaged and continuely messed up its the exception and probably less the 2% of the total calls taken. Searspart has call centers in America answered by people you can understand that honestly care about taking care of the customer.

• Cn
      17th of Jul, 2018

@Searspartsguy Your call centers are NOT in America. I have called numerous times since 6-15-18 when my order was placed. It is now 7-17-18 and I still have NOT received the part that I ordered. Your company keeps sending the WRONG part to me, a totally different part than what I ordered. I have been told at least 8 different times it is being worked on and that I am not allowed to speak with a Supervisor or anyone ABOVE a call taker... And still to this day I have not been sent the part I ordered and NOTHING is being done about it... Soooooooo Can you provide a number to someone OTHER than a call center who can help and is in the US???

• Aa
      14th of Apr, 2009

I ordered a part for my diswasher + sears parts direct backordered it for two months. While my was backordered website still listed the part as in stock + estimates its delivery in 3-5 days. They also billed my credit card before the part shipped.

Instead of doing this simple fix myself with a 5.00 part I eventually hired a repair man for 55.00 to find this part for me. I just put my request for a refund in hopefully sears parts direct can get that right.

12th of Jun, 2009

I need a shield for the back of my push mower. Sears Parts website asks the model number of the mower. I entered it right off the mower and I get a not back that they don't have such a model number. So, I pulled a model number off a new machine on their website and entered it--got the same message back. So, guess the mowers they are selling don't even exist--ha!!! The website has to be the least "user friendly" site I have ever tried to navigate. I read all the previous complaints and i have to say I believe every one of them. In today's economic times, Sears will soon be out of business if they can't do better at servicing what they sell. My experience was unbelievable!!! Does anyone at Sears read these customer comments. My guess is "NO"!!!

• Fa
      30th of Aug, 2009

Searspartsdirect is easy to navigate, you type model numbers or part numbers in and it reference them, I've looked up 1000s of parts and i never have issues, also if you don't feel comfortable reading a schematic don't order a part. If you order a part YOU CANNOT CANCEL IT ONCE IT HAS BEEN ORDERED. You have to agree to this before you finish the order either online or by phone. You can send it back for a refund, so for the love of god verify you want to pay the amount sears will charge and make sure its the right damn part before you place an order. Sears is not responsible for user error in ordering parts. My advice is to not order anything from sears parts because they are extremely overpriced, shop around but searspartsdirect is a great tool for looking up part# for just anything in existence, I've found stuff from all the way back in the 1960s even with manuals. Trust me nearly everything is documented on there.

• Si
      4th of Sep, 2009

I am right now sitting on the phone while it is ringing in the Sears parts center in Newington, CT on Holmes Road. I know thay can hear the phone and are ignoring it because I have had to drive the 30 miles there on more than a few occasions lately to buy parts for my lawn tractor that is fallign apart, and I have watched the Beavis & Butthead team behind the counter ignore a ringing telephone for the duration of the time I stood in line and was then waited on. It's going on 25 minutes now, I could have driven most of the way there by now. This was after they answered it the first time I called and I sat on "Hold" for almost 20 minutes. Now that I am calling back, they won't even answer the phone. I think I am going to drive down there and have a little face-to-face with them about their phone answering technique. I will never buy another Sears product that can't be repaired without going through these a-holes in Newington ever again.

• Xs
      5th of Apr, 2010

I have given up on Sears. I shopped there for 35 years, but in the last 10 years they have become one of the worst companies in the retail market. The last two Craftsman power tools I purchased didn't hold up for a year. It's junk. We purchased a Sears Elite oven which has cost us more in repairs than we paid for it. More junk. But the worst is Sears Parts, which has sent me several wrong parts for various Sears items. Each time I'm told to return the part (at my expense) and reorder the part. If I had ordered the wrong part, I could understand this, but has been their error on every occasion. I have cut up my Sears card and will never shop there again.

• Db
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I bought a part for a tread mill through their website via text chat. The order confirmation listed another person, a different mailing and billing address, but used my credit card. When I called their customer assistance line, they were of little to no help; and not at all sympathetic. Did I mention the 30 minutes on hold for the customer assistance line. At this point I don't have a revised confirmation with my address on it, I don't want to be transferred around to more "hold for customer service" recordings, yes this is frustration.

I expected them to want to fulfill this order, but I really question their abilities or desire. I will tell everyone I know what a mess this has been and recommend that they take their business elsewhere. Adios Sears!

• Ag
      27th of Mar, 2011

there is no such thing as a sears elite ven its kenmore sears does not make kenmore whirlpool does and kenmore elite is more complex and more liely to break down but they are all in alla good brand everything is cheaply made and made by slave labor in china by commies...it aint capitalists making it aint a free market its laws and bs I know i worked by sears...it a combo of mission creep too reliant on technology clustered beauacracy and a focus on sucking up to the customer bsing and [censor] "empathy instead of preparedness actions and real quality control aka getting things right the first time, plus idiotic customers liek the ones that order the wrong part 4 times are to blame primarily vendors as well they provide the parts and screw up stuff in terms of the replacements they provide part number wise

• Sc
      5th of Jul, 2011

I've been trying to repair my hydrostatic transmission on my Craftsman DLT 2000, which I paid around $2300.00 for back in 2002. I only have a little over 400 hours on it. Transmission was getting weak, so I decided to repair it myself. Ordered parts through Partsdirect.com. When trying to shop around for parts, it seems the numbers are "SEARS" parts numbers, as they do not correspond to any of Hydro-Gear (the manufacturer of the transmission) part numbers. So it makes it nearly impossible to find parts outside of Sears, since the manual only lists Sears' in house part numbers. Turns out, a part that I paid Sears $148.00 for, I could have purchased for $55.00. I needed two, so I'm out nearly $190.00. Another part Sears charged me $150.00, which I could have gotten from the Hydro-Gear service center for $90.00, another $60.00 I'm out of. I love the fact Sears will only compares prices with other "Approved' Sellers, not ALL sellers. My parts purchase from Sears cost me $350.00 - $400.00 more than I should have paid. I have already purchased nearly $750.00 in parts to repair my transmission, and now it seems I could have purchased a new one through Hydro-Gear cheaper. Congratulations Sears, you have lost another customer, I'll be damned if I buy another Craftsman tractor to replace my current one, the way you over-charge for your parts.

• Vo
      30th of Dec, 2011

TRIED TO BUY A REPLACEMENT PART FOR A SEARS DISHWASHER, I WAS SICK SO I SAT IN CAR.I SENT MY 74 YR. OD HUSBAND ( HE HAS HAD TWO KNEE REPLACEMENTS ) HE CAME BACK TO THE CAR TO SAY THEY HAD IT. COST, $6O.OO BUT THEY WOULDN`T TAKE A CHECK. HE WENT BACK IN WITH CASH, CAME BACK OUT, SAID THEY WOULDN`T TAKE CASH NEEDED A CARD, SO I WENT BACK IN WITH HIM AND WAS TOLD THEY COUDN`T TAKE CREDIT OR DEBIT BECAUSE I DIDN`T HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS. WHEN I TOLD THE GUY HOW STUPID THAT WAS AS A STORE POLICY, NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME ON HIM, HE ROLLED HIS EYES AND WALKED AWAY. I SAID NICELY THANK YOU, BUT GOT NO REPLY. SO PEOPLE IF YOU DON`T HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS, YOU CANNOT ORDER PARTS FROM SEARS. I NOW HAVE A NEW DISHWASHER FROM LOWES... A STUPID, STUPID POLICY. THEY DESERVE TO BE CLOSED. NOT THE FIRST TIME WE`VE HAD TROUBLE WITH THEM. WHY COULDN`T THEY HAVE JUST USED
    THE STORES E-MAIL. VERY IRRITATED

20th of Aug, 2012

I got on line with Sears parts Direct to see if they had a battery that would fit my worx trimmer, which they did. The first person I chatted with said that it was a 2-pack for $59.99 which I thought was a good deal, before I could order I got disconnected, so I got back on chat with another sales person, he confirmed they had the battery I needed and again I asked him to confirm that is was a 2 pack for $59.99. He said that all of their battery packs were for 2. I got my order in the mail, and there was only one. So I emailed them to find
    out where the other one was. Their response was that "upon further review, this item was only for one battery not two, sorry for the inconvenience, but If you would like to order the second one, they would wave the shipping and give me 10% off. So I fired off another email and told them that not only was it was inconvenient, but mis-representation that I was told this was a 2 pack and I confirmed that with two of their sales people. I will never buy any more products from sears, or order from their parts dept ever again. Must be why they are talking of going out of business. Have had many other problems with sears products and service in the past, and this was the last straw. Please people find another store to buy your appliances, furnaces, lawn equipment etc...

• Se
      29th of Apr, 2014

Seems like a lot of you are mad because of issues caused by you not reading or listening to the disclosure before you place the order. It tells you that the order will be immediately processed and it can't be changed or cancelled. What part of that do you not understand, then you call back upset and pitching a damn fit cause you changed your mind. Then to put the icing on the cake, "You'll never shop at Sears again". Sears has been in business 100 years and counting. Due to great products and excellent customer care.

• Ti
      4th of Oct, 2014

Sears may not be in business for another 10 years, let alone another 100. While I can indeed find almost any part I need on parts direct, I will not order through it unless absolutely necessary. Inexpensive parts end up costing almost half as much again, if not more, due to shipping costs. Example, $9.00 for a $14.50 drive belt. Why not offer free ship to store? In fact, why not carry these common items in the few parts stores that still exist?

• Jy
      13th of Dec, 2015

Ordering a part through the third party (Sears Direct) has been a complete waste of my time. I am trying to purchase a replacement mower bag assembly. The bag arrived without a part number and the unit came without any paperwork. The first part was almost three inches too short. The front of the bag opened up when I attached its handle to the mower's handle. I was told to take it to any Sears store for a refund. The store reported that they could not help me so I contacted Sears Direct again. This time they replaced that part with the mower bag itself and not the frame that I need so I sent it back. Then a customer rep called me due to the feedback that I provided and helped find a replacement which, as it turns out, was the same bag assembly as the first one that arrived at my house. She thought that perhaps someone had mixed inventory. Once again, it is too short. This time the bag arrived with a stock ticket that indicated that it was a Generic bag. No wonder it doesn't work. If Sears uses a poor aftermarket supplier for its customers, the reviews will continue the same as those posted on this page. Things should work the first time and not review multiple trips to return the replacement product. The website indicates that the aftermarket products are a "guaranteed fit." That is false advertisement.

• Sb
      5th of Jan, 2016

I ordered a gasket for my freezer door. They sent me the wrong one and wouldn't credit me the shipping for their mistake. I am trying it again but I talked to a customer service rep today that tried to tell me that freezer doors don't have gaskets. What??? This is exactly why I won't buy Sears products. I don't think they will be in business much longer at this rate. The appliances I have came with the house when I bought it but will not be replaced with Sears brands.

15th of Feb, 2016

Bought a Kenmore fridge from sears 2012. Ive bought two replacement handles. The last one 5/15. Now that one broke. Same location. Thats 4 handles in 4 years. No warranty on the part I'm told. Piece of garbage. Wont be buying sears products anymore.