Sears Optical / glasses

Brandon, FL, United States Review updated:

Had purchased glasses from Sear Optical about 6 months ago. Paid for scratch resistance, glare resistance and the polorazied lenses. Glasses have clear smudge marks on them. Called Sears Optical department and spoke to someone that thought I was an Idiot!!! I was informed that the heat from cooking or splattering of grease from cooking will do that, or I cleaned them without wetting them, or my eye lashes were to long and scratching them when I blink. When I said I have worn glasses for 30 years and none of the other glasses I had have done this and I can not see without them and now you are telling me that glasses from Sears are the only ones you can not cook or blink with them on. If I can not see without them why would I cook without them, isn't that dangerous? I am not superwoman and don't have lashes from Kriptonite.

Comments

• St
      11th of Apr, 2008

MY GLASSES WERE WRONG AND I COULD NOT SEE WITH THEM. WHEN I TOOK THEM BACK THE CLERK, ROBERT ASK ME TO GO AND SEE MY DR THE MADE THE PRESCRIPTIONS AND I REFUSED, STATING THEY WERE TO SEE ABOUT FIXING THEM FIRST THEN IF THEY DID NOT WORK I WOULD GO BACK AND SEE MY DR. I LEFT MY GLASSES AND NEVER RECEIVED A CALL TELLING ME MY GLASSES WERE IN. WHEN I CALLED THE SAME CLERK STATED THAT HIS MANAGER WANTED TO TRY AND ADJUST THEM FOR ME AND THEN THEY WOULD SEE ABOUT SENDING THEM OFF. THIS WAS 2 WEEKS LATER, AND ROBERT HAD TRYED TO ADJUST THEM BUT I GUESS HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING IF SHE FELT SHE HAD TO TRY ALSO. I WILL SPREAD THIS TO KINGDOM COME AND BACK AND WORD OF MOUTH IS WORST THEM ANYHTING. THIS PLACE IS AWFUL. SO 2 MONTHS LATER AND DOWN 350. DOLLARS I HAVE NO GLASSES.

• Ro
      6th of May, 2008

Same problem with Sears Optical in Kent Wa. The clerks were terrible, after two weeks of waiting for my glasses I called and they put me on hold and came back and said, I see they were shipped on the 9th and should be here tomorrow. Three days later I never heard from them so I called again and this time they said they dont show I even ordered glasses! I was like what? Then they found my original order somewhere in there messy desk and realize they hadn't even sent it in yet. They said they would do a rush order but that also took over a week.

Then around the 20th and I finally get them back, only to find out that I can't see at all through them. She told me to get used to them and after 10 minutes I came back because I could see better without them and knew they were wrong. The gal took them in the back room and said it appeared the lab screwed up and that they would once again do a rush order...another week and a half passed and they finally came back (so much for rush order...) and this time they said after I told them that I couldn't see through them and she said "well, we checked them and these are correct so you need to go back to your doctor if you have a problem with them" So I took time off to go to the doctor and they tested the glasses and found that not only did Sears lab techs not do the prescription correctly but the eyesite line was way at the very top next to the frames instead of in the middle! Unbelievable! Even the doctors office suggested I don't deal with them anymore and ask for a refund. I went in to return them, only had them 2 days and the gal gave me a hard time and said she couldn't give me a recept showing I had dropped them off and that I would have to come back when the manager was there! UNBELIEVABLE! 5 trips in 5 weeks to Sears Optical and still have no glasses and now I have to wait for a refund to be sent to my insurance company before I can even get glasses somewhere else. I find it interesting that THEY claim to have tested them there but clearly they did not, and they don't really care about customers eyes if their answer is "well, you just need to get used to them!" If I can't see out of them that is not safe! HIGH RECOMMEND AGAINST GOING THERE! They have total disregard for customer safety and satisfaction and just want to make a quick buck.

• Di
      29th of Jan, 2010

I have always put my trust in Sears, so I went to the optical dept for my glasses. My glasses have had a separation of coating from the lens since the beginning, all they do is clean them and hand them back. I went back several times, and again the clean them and hand them back, they won't fix the problem, which is the coating is separating from the glass. It's like trying to see through filthy lenses. Now...my sunglasses, the first pair fell apart in the associates hands, so she got another pair, they fell apart on me, as did my regular glasses!!! So they picked out another frame for the sunglasses which didn't fall apart, but arms spread out so far they nearly fall off. I've taken them back as well and ask that they make them tighter fitting, they too are the same as when I took them in. I've stopped going back because I never get any real help to say nothing of satisfaction. I have an exchange date (for the first pair of both pairs of glasses) of06/29/2009. Granted it's been a while, but as I said, it does no good to go back. The Customer Order number is 450795766.
    Thank you for anything you can do.
    Dianne Ard
    [protected]@yahoo.com - 734-646-7835

• Pr
      11th of Feb, 2010

Are they round "smudges" in the center of the lenses?

• Er
      29th of Mar, 2010

I got the same issue: bought glasses with scratch resistance, glare resistance and now there are several blurry patches in the coating on the inside of the glasses.

Sears optical blamed me for causing scratches, but there are obviously no scratches. Better go to a different shop next time.

• Di
      23rd of Jul, 2010

Completely relate to story on round "smudges" in the center of the lenses. I have worn glasses for almost 20 yrs now and had never had this happen to me. It started around the frames first which didn't bother me so I just kept wearing them, then the round "smudges" appeared and that definitle gave me migranes. So I tried to clean it my self and I scratched them. But the scratches were only on the part were the smudges were no where else. The manager said I was probably cleaning them with something I wasn't suppost to and that I had to use their cleaning solutions for their glasses, that I damaged my glasses. I said just pretend the scratches arent there and you can still see the round smudges in the center I didnt make circular smudges. I mentioned I have been wearing glasses since I was in 2nd grade and had never ever seen this before and you have to understand kids arent very aware with what to clean them with since now I have one of my own, and had never seen it. Well she said she has never seen this happen and that there was nothing she could do but to give me 20%-50% off the cost of the lenses since she cant give me free glasses and they can not do anything after 90 days. I took the 50%, thinking that probably it was going to happen again but I truly depend on my glasses and cant live without them and was definitely not ready for this extra expence. What made me more upset is that I had no insurance when I purchased them and was all out of pocket why would I do something to what is a priority in my life.l But once my eye insurance kicks in wont ever go there again.

• Co
      20th of Nov, 2010

This is in response to "dissapointed". You don't honestly think that migraine headaches can be caused by smudges in your glasses, do you?

• Ah
      25th of Dec, 2012

2012 purchase resulted in the same situation. Staff at sear's played "dumb" and indicated that I needed to use a quality cleaning solution but could not define what that was.There must ve something that can be done to address this egregious matter.