Sears / certegy
I was totally embarrassed and humiliated when my check was not approved at SEARS! I knew I had money in my checking account and I had excellent credit. The clerk was not very helpful in explaining to me why my check was
not approved. I asked to speak to her supervisor, who promptly arrived. I explained to her that my check should be good, because I knew I had money in my account. She did not apologize or give me an explanation on why my check was not being approved. Instead she told me to call the telephone number on the back of the check. If any of you know, by calling the company(Certegy), they will not tell you why your check was refused! They told me to fill out a Certegy Gold Form, which would increase my chances of my check approval. Hello...I have money in my checking account!!!
I asked the person from Certegy to give my a list of companies that uses their services. I do not ever want to go to those businesses that could possibly refuse my checks! Of course getting a list was impossible.
Now, if SEARS or CERTEGY had told me, that because I had not written checks at SEARS before, I did not have a history there.(good or bad?) If Certegy had done a better job checking into my account, they would known that I have charged my appliances there! Which, by the way, I will NO LONGER DO!!!
My point is this: If the SEARS clerk had explained to me in the beginning, that the reason my check was not approved, may not have been because of insufficient. But no history of writing checks at SEARS before! Okay, that would makes sense. I would not have been so HUMILIATED and EMBARRASSED!
That's my true story in a "nut shell". JoAnn from California
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions