Sears Kenmore Washer / shame on sears
I wanted to share the experience I had with the Kenmore washer I purchased at Sears. If this makes even one person think twice about their purchase, it's time well spent. Five years ago (in 2003) I bought a Kenmore front-loading washer and dryer at Sears. A couple of weeks ago the drum in the washer stopped spinning, as if it were off the track. Sears charged me $70 to spend 5 minutes looking at it, just to tell me it would cost $824.43 to repair. Tha'ts more than it cost me in the first place. Apparently the "bearing" went out, and the way it's designed it has to be taken apart and a LOT of parts replaced. A washer that is 5 years old and hasn't seen an unreasonable amount of use shouldn't break down so completely where the cost of fixing is greater than the cost of replacing. This is environmentally irresponsible as well- the last thing we need to be doing is throwing away tons of washers because they have parts that wear out easily and are designed in a way that makes them cost-prohibitive to fix. They admitted themselves that these wear out all the time- I wish they had told me that when I bought it. I wasn't even able to describe the problem to their repair center on the phone, you have to go through a machine, or report it online, so you have a $70 repair call. That they spent a total of 2 minutes in my house looking at the machine and still made me pay the $70, for what's apparently a common problem they could have diagnosed without even coming out here, is unconscionable.
Apparently Sears thinks its completely acceptable to manufacture and sell shoddy, hard to fix merchandise so that they can then charge a lot of money to fix it. I looked for contact information on their web site to provide feedback on my displeasure, but there is no way to email them or call them with complaints. For them to not have a way to be contacted, indicates to me that they must have a lot of unsatisfied customers.
More Sears Kenmore Washer Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Master Protection Plan - Service on refrigerator
- Sears Home Warranty - Kenmore Elite Washer
- Sears Home Warranty - samsung washing machine
- Sears Brands - drill drive
- Sears Kenmore Elite - model # 795.74025.412