Sears / Kenmore / defective oven range heating element

1 414 E. 5th St.Stanberry, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 660-783-2976

I too have a Sears Kenmore range which I haven't been satisfied with it since I bought it. The range takes forever to preheat and then it doesn't maintain the heat that it's set to. Today the bottom element burned out and I see this is a very common problem. Luckily I was in the kitchen when the fire in the oven started so I turned the oven off. The breaker was thrown so no major damage was done. This range has been a BIG disappointment. I won't buy another kitchen appliance from Sears. I've always had GE but thought I'd try Sears this time, which has proved to be a big mistake.

Comments

• Ka
      11th of Oct, 2008

I got the GE and have had the same problem. Everything nowadays is made by the same few places.

• Mi
      12th of Oct, 2008

Similarly with the person from Missouri my wife and I had exactly the same experience with a Sears Stove. After a few years it was slow to heat up and on the day prior to Thanksgiving the bottom oven element caught fire - we wisely did not open the door and let is burn itself out - and it was immediately apparent that the element was a dud.

• Ri
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I SPENT 2000 BUCKS TO GET KENMORE ELITE
    RANGER, AFTER ONE YEAR, THE TRIPLE HEATING ELEMENT FAILS, WHAT A SUCK QUALITY!!!
    AND SEARS SERVICE SUCKS TOO!!!

8th of Nov, 2008

Oh, man!!
    Tell me about it!!!
    I was glad my friend noticed the fire in the oven and we could turn it off.
    Now I have to try to get the damn stove out and the element out.
    No small task for a 70 year old lady in awheel chair.

18th of Nov, 2008

My Kenmore range caught fire on Sunday, November 16th. The only way to disconnect the power was to throw the circuit breaker. After it cooled off I attempted to turn the power back on, but the element overheated again and scorched my stove and kitchen cabinets. Once again, I had to throw the circuit breaker to get the oven turned off. If I had not been home, the house would have burned down. I was not even using the stove at the time the oven element came on. I am sure there are other horror stories out there. Who knows how many homes have burned from this appliance and the problems with them.