Sears Kenmore Oasis Top Loader Canyon Capacity / Broken Pump

1 Harrisville, RI, United States Review updated:

DO NOT GET CHANGE IN THIS WASHING MACHINE ! If you get any change, small rocks etc... in this maching it will break the pump and flood the floor. AND Sears will not fix it. They told me that that is our fault! Can someone please tell how you make a $1000 washing machine that can not handle pocket change?????
GRRRRRR.

Comments

• Ca
      25th of May, 2009

Yes, unfortunately this machine is very delicate with his care. I bought my Oasis Elite last 2007 and in 2008, April, Sears changed the pump. Technician told me, in that moment, that I must have special care with the coins. Today, one-year later technician came at home and he already told me that the pump is broken again.

Is a good machine, but you know, we must have attention with this one.

I have the 4 years maintenance policy and I will extend it when came the end date.

Thanks

• To
      8th of Apr, 2011

I have this same machine and have nothing but problems. I repaired the first pump twice and finally replaced it. Each time I had to remove coins from it.
    No one should make a washer, especially one that costs over $800 that cannot handle coins or small rocks. Why isn't there a filter somewhere to catch these things? This was the first time I ever bought a new washer and dryer. I think I paid about $1600 for the set. Now I also have issues with the control panel and error codes. I have read there is a recall on that and I am going to call today but I was very disappointed to see that this coin thing is a big issue for lots of people and Sears is not doing anything about it. I have bought used sets for $150 that lasted 5 years with no problems. I am going to blog about this until someone fixes these issues.
    Feel free to write me with any issues related to this machine. Maybe it will take a class action law suit to get Sears to take responsibility: Tony Lash, PO Box 1367, N. Conway NH 03860