Sears - Kenmore Elite Refrigerator / service
Last August, we ordered a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator at a price of around $2000. We live in a rural community and had to pick it up in a nearby community ourselves. The fridge was extra wide so we ended up taking the doors off to get it into our house. In the process, we lost a small washer on one side. The effect is that the doors are not properly lined up.
We wanted to correct the problem and discovered the part online in the U.S. at a price of $1.50. Unfortunately, the company did not ship to Canada so we contacted Sears with the part information. The cost of the part in Canada was $6.00 with a $6.00 delivery charge. We suggested Canada Post would be cheaper but it was not Sears policy to use postal service. The part arrived but it was the wrong one so we took it to the Sears store in St. John's, where we had purchased the refrigerator in the first place. We gave them the part since it was not the one we needed. They indicated they would send the washer free of charge but we have not heard from them or received the washer. That was about a month ago.
Since buying the fridge, we have also bought a dryer ($1000) and a snowblower ($1200).
Our complaint against Sears is this: We are paying top dollar for top of the line merchandise but have not received the quality of service we feel we deserve. We moved to rural Newfoundland last July and Sears provided a convenient way to shop for quality products. We have no complaint about their products but we also expect high quality service. Sears may not be at the top of the list when we consider future purchases.
More Sears - Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears.com - online order defective on delivery
- Sears Brands - sears home services
- Sears Master Protection Plan - hot water heater replacement
- Sears Home Warranty - service not provided
- Sears - delivery disaster