Sears / Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator / bad odor coming from back of unit when running & fan is on.
We purchased a 3-door Sears Kenmore Elite w/bottom freezer w/ in- door icemaker&water dispenser on May 31, 2010. This was a new 2010 model. In the middle of Nov. 2010 we smelled a terrible odor coming from the back of the unit when it was running & the fan was on. After a week or two of it smelling, we called Sears repair to have them check it out. Before the repairman could get here, it stopped smelling, so we cancelled the service call. Well, a few weeks later it started to smell again, not as strong this time. It would come and go.
We called Sears repair again and they came to look at it 1/18/11. It was not smelling at the time. They removed the back motor cover, everything was clean. No determination for what it was. Again this morning, 1/23/11, we wake up to a terrible odor again. Smelling up the whole kitchen!! Once again we have an appointment for service on 1/25/11. Does anyone know what this could be?? It smells awful!!
More Sears / Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - kenmore side by side refrigerator - freezer lights not coming on - repeat problem
- Sears Brands - service issues
- Sears Brands - kenmore dishwasher
- Sears Home Warranty Services - home warranty services
- Sears Brands - kenmore refrigerator french door