Sears / Kenmore Elite / Compressor

CA, United States Review updated:

Hello, I purchased a Kenmore ELite Stainless Brushed Stainless Steel Refrigerator in late 2003. I went top of the line because I wanted something that would last. Well, Yesterday I noticed everything in the freezer was thawing and a strange noise coming from the back of the unit. I had a repair man come out today and was told the Compressor is out. Repairs of over 600.00 if im lucky. After paying this amount of money for this refrigerator and purchasing an extended warranty you would figure a refrigerator would last you alot longer. When I called sears they told me that compressor warranty is 5 years and the extended warranty I purchased did not add any time to it. Then he tried to sell me another 1 year warranty for almost 300.00. You have got to be joking... What a ripoff!!! When I purchased the extended warranty THE FIRST TIME, the salesperson told me the warranty would be the amount of years AFTER the manufactures warranty expires. I am so disapointed with sears. All my appliances in my kitchen are Kenmore Elites and I Have spent alot of money on them. Never again. After doing research on these Kenmore refrigerators, I have found out that there are alot of people that have had the compressors go out. This refrigerator is a lemon and the warranty they sold me is a joke. You would think that such a large company would stand behind their products. I guess not.

Comments

• Lo
      19th of Feb, 2010
    Sears / Kenmore Elite - warranty
    Sears Home Services
    California
    searshomeservices.com

My six month-old Kenmore Elite dishwasher broke down (Sears top-of-the-line). The failed part, a water pump, is on back order and will not ship until three weeks and three days after the technician ordered the part.
    According to the Sears Home Services / Warranty Dept., they will not consider replacing the dishwaher until thirty one days has past.

I waited for a service appointment. Now Sears wants me to wait four weeks to see if the part arrives. Then, I must wait until a service techinician can come back to my house. This is Sears idea of a 'warranty'? After twenthy two years as a Sears customer, I will NOT purchase future appliances from Sears!

• Le
      9th of Jul, 2015

She is so right. The repair company has the worst case ever. Their job is to just bait and switch on their customers. I suggest Sears finds itself with new reputable repair company!!!