[Resolved] Sears Home Improvement Products, Inc / failed to return deposit after cancellation
I signed a contract and submitted two checks totaling $6, 650.44. with the understanding that it could be cancelled within three business days. Due to illness I was unable to have the work done at this time. I have a signed receipt that shows that it was cancelled within this time limit. This was cancelled on March 19, 2012 and according to the signed agreement they were to return my deposit within ten business days As Of this date I have not heard any thing from this company.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 10, 2012
Dear Vaunceil Cox,
We are sorry to hear that you have not received your deposit back for the home improvement work you had to cancel due to illness. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I understand how important it Is to get your deposit back as quickly as possible, and would like to help put you in contact with a dedicated case manager that can ensure everything is being done on your behalf to resolve this situation.
At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the home improvement order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Vaunceil Cox you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
More Sears Home Improvement Products, Inc Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund