[Resolved] Sears Home Improvement Products, Inc / failed to return deposit after cancellation

OK, United States Review updated:

I signed a contract and submitted two checks totaling $6, 650.44. with the understanding that it could be cancelled within three business days. Due to illness I was unable to have the work done at this time. I have a signed receipt that shows that it was cancelled within this time limit. This was cancelled on March 19, 2012 and according to the signed agreement they were to return my deposit within ten business days As Of this date I have not heard any thing from this company.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 10, 2012

Dear Vaunceil Cox,

We are sorry to hear that you have not received your deposit back for the home improvement work you had to cancel due to illness. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I understand how important it Is to get your deposit back as quickly as possible, and would like to help put you in contact with a dedicated case manager that can ensure everything is being done on your behalf to resolve this situation.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the home improvement order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Vaunceil Cox you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

• Va
      16th of Apr, 2012

After contacting various people finally received a refund check today. The one person that finally contacted me said the paper work had never been filed to acknowledge that this job was canceled