[Resolved] Sears Home Improvement / liars

I work for Sears Home Improvements too and everything said is 100% true, they just know how to cover their butts that's it. All the sales managers seem lazy and no one wants to do anything!!! It's very disorganized and nothing is thought through by these higher-ups. No raises for the past 3 years and the benefits suck! They do not value employees at all and it's very stressful. They want you do a lot for nothing and want blood from a stone. It use to be a great company but it's not anymore. It's a real chore to go in. They have some decent people (like myself) but, they drive them away. They lie and try to sweettalk you and promise you this and that but it's not true at all. Very disappointed, I used to be proud to work for Sears, but not anymore. It's more for less. The contractors are hit and miss. We have some good contractors at our location. Whoever makes these decisions in upper managment (like Chicago) are idiots, I can run it better off of common sense with no college degree. Their service techs suck too. I have gotten so many customer phone calls about them and the stories are BAD. I do go out of my way to help them because that could be me. They don't invest in their offices/stores, our equipment is CRAP and they are so cheap, they pay their employees cheaply too, for our company to be highest price, we should be paid high especially for the amount of work we are doing. I'm so burnt out, I want to quit, but I can't. I have to pay bills. I do appreciate Sears for the start, but I won't stay until the finish. The sales reps goes through 3 weeks of training and sent out. Some of them might have prior contracting experience, but a lot of them don't. A lot of the reps don't know what they are selling, you should hear some of the installers complain about that too. It's not what it used to be, I think this company will go under, I'm surprised I haven't been laid off. I hate that they outsourced (a lot of complaints about that too) when I call HR and I can't even understand the person I'm talking to which sucks as well. They constantly through things (like new products are way) they dump them on us and expect us to do it (example: Monday: we are selling roofs and Tuesday: goes live) it's like trial and error. At time I feel like I'm stuck there. They screw people over big time and it's not right.
Disgruntled employee.
PS) I don't care if someone from Sears found out I said this (I don't care if it's Eddie Lampert), because it's all TRUE and you know it! Save it for someone else who will believe your lies. I hate to say this, even with this bad economy, you can FIRE ME for all I care, I would take the umemployment and someone can glady have my job because they wouldn't want it, they will quit after 3 months!

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Jul 20, 2011

To bloojean,

I apologize for the negative experience that you had with Sears Home Improvement. We would like to know more about this situation and we are happy to help resolve this and any other Sears related issue that you might have. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the estimate was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (bloojean) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

11th of Mar, 2011

My experience with Sears Home Improvement was the Sales Rep. John Malone was more worried about selling than what the customer requested/wanted. I ordered windows and then purchased a slider with the understanding the screen would be on the inside based on what he lead me to believe. He also tried to presure me into a new door. I kept telling him the condo has requirements and he continued to insist I ask them. Well, I got out of the door and told "sorry" about the screen. They give you a paper stating Customer Guarantee is important to them, but that is only when they are able to get their way. I liken the sales to a "Used Car" salesmen. I should have stuck with Anderson Windows.

11th of Mar, 2011

I hope I have the opportunity to tell people I would not recommend Sears, try Anderson instead. When I contacted Ms. Coooper of Sears it was just "sorry". I contacted service magic who recommended them. Service Magic were very symapathic, unlike Sears, they returned by inquiry almost immediately. Unfortunately they could not do anything for me since the contract was general and did not show any measurements. Malone (sales rep) put all that cleverly on a separate piece of paper so I got screwed. At least when people inquiry about my windows I can sent them in a different direction. I will not shop Sears or K-Mart either since they are associated. Malone bragged about how long Sears has been in business (and Montgomery Ward demise), but guess what John--doesn't mean Sears won't do the same! And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

4th of Jul, 2011

@Cherie, yes the reason he tried to pressure you into purchasing a new door was because that's what they are told in training. It's almost like brainwashing, sort of, Sears trains you into their mentality, their way of thinking and doing so you can sale. The reps are told to ask for an order 10 times @ a customer's home while giving the demo. It's messed up because I'm caught in the middle. I always treat the customer's that call with respect and try not to bounce them around. It's not the same Sears your/my parents/grandparents used, it's a NEW ball game. They get people in there to train and then feed them to the wolves and it seems like no one knows what they are doing.

4th of Jul, 2011

The rule of training also, is that every home you visit, has doors, windows, roofs, floors, carpet, bathroom etc. as well, so there you go.

• Bl
      15th of Jul, 2011

I had sears come in for HVAC replacement estimate. They did not want to discuss price. Basically two people showed up, one guy had a binder with great history of Sears and how they stand behind their product. The other one was just milling around measuring the house, which made me nervous. Only thing I wanted was the price, because that was most important for me. I had several quotes already from local electrician, and I wanted to compare. Well 2 hours into presentation, I just said, "listen I don't have much time for this, can you just get to the price." They produce this paper, showing how they'll back up their product and how great their customer service is. Still no price. AFter around 3 hour mark, they finally produce a price sheet. It is double what other local dealers were charging for the same product. when I told them other companies price quote, they began bad mouthing how bad their company is and how they can ruin your house. They finally said, they can come down 10% on price if I made up my mind right now... Pressure selling is not a way of getting my business. I told them, this is not gonna do it. Sorry you have to waste your time, but I can't pick you guys. One guy gets mad.. and started saying how I am making a big mistake. I just told him, I am not gonna argue with you..

He is about to leave. But before he does, he purposely steps on a weather strip I was preparing in front of my house door entrance and purposely mangles it.. and makes it look like it was an accident. He had this smirk on his face. Well I'm glad I didn't chose these guys... Looks like bunch of thugs trying to con his way into 7, 000 job... Never will I chose Sears... Very shady operation...

21st of Jan, 2012

@bloojean, sorry for your experience, you should have not been treated that way at all. Very unacceptable. However, they are trained to present for like 2 hours (min.) and ask for the order. It is messed up that we have lost a potential customer.

• Se
      25th of May, 2012

I am a former employee and created www.searshomesucks.com to share with former and potential customers of Sears Home Improvement Products what I have witnessed and to create a place for others to share their home project experiences by Sears.

During my employment at Sears, I have witnessed hundreds, possibly thousands, of home improvement projects completed without proper permitting or the use of licensed contractors. This is a serious concern and should not be taken lightly. Please take the time to browse this site and learn more. The safety of your home and family could be at risk.

Please share this site with your family and friends or anyone you know that had work done by Sears.

• Pa
      4th of Feb, 2013

[censored] you James H. You people are all the same. [censored]ing robots that know how to lie threw their scams when they suck your money out of the contractors, and customers. They took 12% from the HVAC contractors in Wisconsin a year and a half ago. Now we found out the Sears' decision maker on that got fired for the gouge, but do we see any of our money back? The car salesmen sell furnaces too big, too small, wrong tonnage of A/C systems, and then they tell the contractor to go back out and warranty furnace and A/C parts, equipment, for a year. Did I make the [censored]ing furnace? Did I assemble the [censored]ing compressor? The ### wage they pay you isn't worth it. Meanwhile, they are making $2, 000.00 profit on every furnace install. The 2 year labor agreement costs the same as the wage Sears pays it's contractors to install the furnace. They 'double up' on the warranties. The Master Protection Plan warranty states that they start at the time of installation of the equipment, but they also promise a 1 year parts and labor warranty provided by the contractor, good for the first year. i can only hope you lose your job too James H., when Sears goes under like everyone else, Kmart, Radio Shack, ...

• Pa
      6th of Feb, 2013

Know the facts Reneh before you spout your mouth off. You probably would be a 'drone' like every other contractor for Sears. Never speak up, until they're getting rid of you IN A HEARTBEAT because you catch them at their game. Honesty, hard work, and loyalty doesn't matter anymore in this filthy country. From stomping on the Native Indians and taking their land, to taking the Mexicans land in the west, the African slaves, invading every country and stealing their resources since WWII, to Obummer's communist regime that plagues our White House. Great ###ing country we live in, I can't wait to scam other americans. I live now to scam every american the best I can. Good luck sheeple!