Sears Gold Mastercard / sears gold is a scab mastercard

1 Sioux Falls, SD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-669-8488

This is a credit card designed to screw you. They are waiting for your slightest flaw. I dutifully tried to cancel this card and pay it off in full over the phone and on the web site. This was not possible. So I did pay it off in three separate payments three days in a row. OR so I thought. I came to find that even though I paid off an $8034 balance in full and on time and had canceled my card, along comes a bill next month with a charge of almost $100 for interest!

The old adage of pay your cried card bill on time and in full does not work with these people. They charge you a daily balance, even though you pay the balance due in full and on time! In theory this bill could practically never get paid off from month to month.

Sears Gold Card is a rip off scab operation. Plus I had been a cardholder for over ten years! With on time payments.

Jo

Comments

• Du
      26th of Nov, 2008

Please note that my city is DeWitt, not Dewitt, as on mailings. Please correct for accuracy!

• Ot
      6th of Mar, 2009

Sear merged with K-mart a few year back, so we are able to walk from our house around the corner, which is very nice.
    Recently after paying my credit card installment on the deadline date, I call the customer service department to complain about the fact the the next statement I recieved included a late fee.
    I was told by the clerk that the bil should be payed prior to 5:00p.m., my receipts or stapled to by bills once paid.
    I informed the clerk that the receipt indicated that it was 2:30 p.m. pct when I paid the bill.
    She went on the tell me that the payment wasn't posted until two days later.
    The check was electronically scanned, so it takes the payment directly from your account asap.
    If Sears as merged with K-mart, why doesn't the same administrative policyies apply

• Ki
      15th of May, 2009

Sears Gold Mastercard is ripping people off at a high rate of speed by doubling interest rates and lowering credit limits without warning or for any particular reason. It sickens me to no end that "we the people" have bailed out this bank (Citi) using billions of our tax dollars and yet they are squeezing the blood out of us! I will never use any Citi credit card.

• So
      13th of Jul, 2009

The finance charge the following month was residual finance charges, and this is standard across the credit card industry. Interest is calculated from the date of billing to the date your final payment posts.

25th of Oct, 2009

Citi bank deals with the credit cards not sears. You need to short this out with them.