Sears / Ge Microwave / not honoring warranty
Purchased expensive microwave (for us) almost $500. Caught on fire while baking a potato and died. Repairman proclaimed sensor failure. Sears Customer Service stated consumer abuse, "aluminum could have grown in potato" (minerals?). It was our responsibility to watch the potato at all times. I thought it was dangerous to stand in front of a microwave in use?
Sears would discount $100. for a new one after delivery and installation charges. Why would we want to purchase another expensive, almost $400., unit that could catch on fire while cooking hidden elements or minerals?
Have had inexpensive microwaves that cooked items into oblivion but managed to continue working. We have had the unit only four months and just installed it one month ago (remodling kitchen). Was told there was no possibility of arbitration, basically take it or leave it.
More Sears / Ge Microwave Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears - carpet cleaning service
- Sears - kenmore elite quad action technology 6.2 cu ft top load washer
- Sears - kenmore elite refrigerator repair
- Sears - I don't know.
- Sears A&E Service Repair - whirlpool refrigerator