[Resolved] Sears / electronic return
I purchased a Samsung LED TV from Sears online ($600) and picked it up within a few hours from a local store. Unfortunately, I found out after bringing it back home that it did not fit into the space I wanted to use. I tried to return it next day (in all original package/boxes), but I was told by the store manager that since the box has been opened, they need to charge 15% ($90) restocking fee. They told me that once the box is opened, it is considered used. Their return policy does not clearly state that and I think it is very misleading. I want everyone who is planning to shop at Sears during this holiday season to be aware of this misleading return policy. I don't want anyone else to make a mistake like I did and end up having a TV does not fit into a room. I won't be doing any type of business with Sears anymore. So, if you want to do worry free electronic purchase, go somewhere else.
Very Disappointed with Sears
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Dec 01, 2012
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have experienced with your television. I can understand how discouraging it is to purchase a television and find out the TV will not fit in the space where you needed it. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager and discuss your experience. . At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (KWC) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
Social Media Moderator
Social Media Support
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund