Sears Customer / Repair Service / sears wasted my time and money

United States Review updated:
4.7
I have never experienced worse home repair customer service than at Sears. I called Sears to have my gas dryer repaired for my summer home. I was told that there was a 2 week wait, a $75 charge just to come out, additional labor and parts (around $350). In need, I agreed and set aside that Saturday to drive the 75 miles to my house. On the friday, the day before the appointment, I received an automated call telling me that a service repairman would be coming on Saturday between 8am and 5pm. I drove to the house, got the dryer pulled out and waited for his arrival. At 12:30, I called to find out if they could tell me when he'd be arriving. They told me sometime between noon and 5pm (duh). At 3:30 pm I called again to confirm that he would be coming since the day was getting on. They confirmed he would be. At 4 pm I received a call telling me that the repair man had been overbook and that he would not be coming and that I would have to reschedule. I complained and asked to speak to a supervisor. After explaining my story, and how wrong it was treating costumers like airlines (overbooking and bumping) the supervisor told me that they would get in touch with the repair department and arrange to get one of the service men out to me and would call me back to let me know I was being taken care of. At 4:30, after no returned call, I called again to find out that I was completely blown off. Though I explained my 2 week wait to do laundry, 150 miles of driving, and a full day of my life, and now, having to wait again, find a repair service as well as pay to do my laundry at a laundromat, it didn't mean anything to Sears customer service. "Sorry, would I like to reschedule?" was the response. I was so resentful I told them I would never buy anything from Sears again. I received the famous well written and dictated response... "Thank you for calling Sears" I hate them and now have to find another company. Here is another great example why the american economy is going down the drain. Lack Of Care!!!!!

Comments

Ro
  7th of Nov, 2007
Had the same experience. They just don't care!
Be
  4th of May, 2012
Master service plan a joke here too...they were out 6 times to repair double oven, never got it right. Don't buy sears appliance...not quality anymore...they could care less after you are stuck with the purchase"...bought 3refrigerator freezers, two microwaves, 3 dishwashers, double oven, sears pro cook top and two microwaves for new house...one microwave wouldnt work...double oven still doesnt work right, 3 repairs on gas cooktop...one freezer won't make ice and one refrigerator needed repair...they sell junk
Ne
  28th of Jan, 2013
If you think Sears service is bad wait till you come across Bfs Home warranty.They are the biggest thieves in las vegas and entire America.They are a appliances repair company pretending to be a Home warranty company ripping off both sides.Wolfs in sheeps cloths.My water Heater started leaking and BFS told me its free replacements and repair under my warranty and when they came they charged me full $500 ., for the water heater.2 independent contractors told me they can replace a new w.Heater without no warranty for only $450. the ballvalve for instance they charged me $150 when in fact it cost $10 .Beware this is the second time they did this to me.Cheaters like BFS require further investistigation and license revoked, .too many complaints on their Bfs websites, scambook.etc.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands