Sears Credit Card / ridiculous credit card

PA, United States Review updated:

I had just moved to a new state for college when I went to Sears to find a cheap new shirt to wear. Of course the cashier waved around the discounted price of the shirt if I signed up for the Sears Credit Card. Foolishly I was tempted and signed up. Though they needed my drivers license to process the application, the address of my license was still the one from my last college residence. Of course I had updated my new address with the post office. Yet I got my first statement in the mail a few days later than the first billing due date due to the rerouting of the mail. I called Sears to immediately pay my card over the phone and I was astounded to find my little $15 charge increased to $86, due to their enormous late charges. After much dispute with the rude customer service lady I was still forced to pay the $86 and I immediately canceled that card and haven't shopped at Sears since.
Ja

Comments

Tr
  2nd of Mar, 2009
Sears credit card is the worst credit card ever...I hope anyone reading this will think twice about opening a credit card through Sears. I have been a Sears credit card holder for over 15 years--never late, until recently. Sears have a habit of changing thier billing cycles on a month-to-month bases. I thought my bill was due on a later date and upon going online to pay the bill, I found it was due earlier (4 days earlier). I immediately paid the bill, including the enormous past due amount, and paid extra on the account. I was very surprised to see that my interest rate increased an additional 5.17% which was due to the late payment. I immediately requested a reduction of the interest rate, which they denied. My credit is good, but they denied me anyway. Needless to say, I was soooooooo upset over this, I closed the account and will never ever shop at Sears again.

Today, Sears has lost a loyal customer!!!
To
  4th of Jan, 2010
This just happened to me. Apparently SearMastecard sent out a letter to let people either opt to close their account to remain at the same interest rate or the rate would be raised to 25.24%. This notification apparently came to my PO box not in the typical bill. I pay my card on line so I don't get paper bills. i never received anything about the changes. i called to see if they would close the account and lock the rate. They denied this because the time frame to do so according to the letter (which i never received)was over. i even pay twice what they want per month and pay on time. my hands are tied. All they say is sorry you should of responded to the letter (WHAT LETTER!!!).

I AM DONE WITH SEARS CREDIT WHICH IS OWNEDBY CITIBANK, I WILL SEND THIS TO EVERYONE I KNOW VIA EMAIL AND ASK THAT THEY SEND IT ON TO THIER FRIENDS.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands