Sears Carpet Cleaning / Damaged House Refused to Cover It
I originally went with Sears since they had the best prices, but in this case you really get what you pay for. I had both a duct and a carpet cleaning. The duct cleaning as far as I can tell went satisfactory, except for the fact that the technician knocked over a can of paint on our carpet. We had just moved in and had some paint cans around and rather than ask us to move anything out of the way they just came in and apparently they need cords that go out to their van and as they were pulling those around they caught a can and knocked it over. However, since nobody actually saw him do it he said he didn't do it. Of course in his attempt to pass the buck he forgot to move all of his wires from around the paint can so it was pretty obvious where the fault lay.
The carpet cleaning 2 days later didn't pull up hardly any of the paint that we weren't able to get up ourselves amongst other stains throughout the carpet. However since I’m not a carpet cleaning expert I can't say whether this a fault on their end or the types of stains there were in the carpet to begin with.
I called the next day to complain about the service and ask what they could do about it; they proceeded to tell me that since the technician denied any fault, that it was not their responsibility. After running me around for a few days they finally came back and said they would not do anything to rectify the situation, and to top it off, the manager at the Grand Rapids, Michigan location hung up on me. She said the only thing she would do would be to ask the technician who came out to clean the carpets if they might be able to get more paint up if they came out again. Although to be fair I was being fairly persistent in following up on this info and she was probably tired of hearing from me.
More Sears Carpet Cleaning Complaints & Reviews
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - carpet cleaning 
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - Bait and Switch
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - Rip Off 
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - Terrible Service 
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - damage
- Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - carpet cleaning
- Sears Carpet Cleaning Service (Toni) - rudeness and inflexability
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - Extremely poor business practices 
- Sears Carpet Cleaning - Dirty Dealings 
- Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Filter left out of my furnace