Sears Carpet Cleaning / Damaged House Refused to Cover It

Grand Rapids, MI, US Review updated:

I originally went with Sears since they had the best prices, but in this case you really get what you pay for. I had both a duct and a carpet cleaning. The duct cleaning as far as I can tell went satisfactory, except for the fact that the technician knocked over a can of paint on our carpet. We had just moved in and had some paint cans around and rather than ask us to move anything out of the way they just came in and apparently they need cords that go out to their van and as they were pulling those around they caught a can and knocked it over. However, since nobody actually saw him do it he said he didn't do it. Of course in his attempt to pass the buck he forgot to move all of his wires from around the paint can so it was pretty obvious where the fault lay.

The carpet cleaning 2 days later didn't pull up hardly any of the paint that we weren't able to get up ourselves amongst other stains throughout the carpet. However since I’m not a carpet cleaning expert I can't say whether this a fault on their end or the types of stains there were in the carpet to begin with.

I called the next day to complain about the service and ask what they could do about it; they proceeded to tell me that since the technician denied any fault, that it was not their responsibility. After running me around for a few days they finally came back and said they would not do anything to rectify the situation, and to top it off, the manager at the Grand Rapids, Michigan location hung up on me. She said the only thing she would do would be to ask the technician who came out to clean the carpets if they might be able to get more paint up if they came out again. Although to be fair I was being fairly persistent in following up on this info and she was probably tired of hearing from me.

Comments

Sep 25, 2009

The problem with using a "chain" carpet cleaner is that the workers don't care a whole lot about the company's reputation.

Next time you need your carpets cleaned call Sayre Carpet Care [protected]. My husband and I moved here from Lansing. We are both certified technicians and are insured as well (would have provided you new carpet because of the paint). I answer the phones and do scheduling, accounting, etc. and my husband does the cleaning. With a locally owed family run business, our reputation is everything to us. The situation you described above would have been resolved to your satisfaction one way or another.

Keep us in mind the next time you are in the market for a QUALITY carpet cleaner!! I appreciate it and look forward to the opportunity to earn your future business!!

Linda Sayre

• Dw
      Oct 22, 2009
    Sears Carpet Cleaning - bad sell
    Sears carpet cleaning
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    Phone: [protected]

maintanance agreement was a JOKE, they tell you one thing and then dont offer what was said!!! they told me I could have 2 more sevices as I had before, and the they tried to charge $85 for the same thing, a bait and switch tatic which I dont appprove of!!! STAY AWAY FROM SEARS

• Us
      Nov 15, 2009

Ok your statement about cleaning chains not careing is a broad untrue statement.iv been with sears about 15yrs starting in tulsa and now in arkansas.iv seen more private owners act the way you describe, everything i do, i do my best i have more repeat customers than any other company i know as well as anyone in my own branch, we all are trained better than anyother carpet cleaners around as well in difficult stain removel, i wont say i can get every stain out but i will say if i cant get it no one will be able to either...the northwest arkansas sears carpet cleaning branch has won more awards and voted best carpet cleaners in the readers choice awards every year since we joined it beating stanly steamer every year as well as all others entered in the contest.in short we are the best and proven it time and again...and no im not an owner or manager but i do care about my company

• Me
      Feb 21, 2015

The Grand Rapids Sears damaged my carpeting also. The tech stepped on a pen and tried to clean it making it worse. Sears Holding's Attorneys wrote to the Attorney General in MI to say it was my small child that did it. I do not have any children that live in the state of MI. I would never ever use them. They are not honest and the guarantee is a joke. They have outlived the Guarantee as case law has defined better standards than what Sears uses and it is now just false advertising on a national level.
    The owner of the Grand Rapids office was just awful to deal with. I would go with a local company, not Sears.

• De
      May 24, 2016

Do not waste your time with this company!!! i called on may 3 and scheduled an appointment for my carpet to be cleaned on the next day. I was scheduled for anytime between 12:00 and 4:00pm. I took the day off from work so that i would not miss the technician. At approximately 3:30pm i called the office and the rude representative stated “the tech has until 4:00pm…it is only 3:30. Call back if he is not there at 4:00. Well of course no one showed at 4:00pm and i called back. She was rude and nasty again and placed me on hold. While holding another evil representative called my phone i answered and she said” the technician is running an hour behind”. I responded and asked why couldn’t the representative tell me this 30 minutes ago. This evil person’s response was “do you want the appointment or not”. She hung up on. I called back several times and she began to yell and scream at me. I called the corporate office to file a complaint. I was told that somone from corporate would contact me. To date, i have not heard from anyone. They are the worst people i have ever dealt with and my plans are to discourage anyone and everyone i know to not even this so called place of business