[Resolved] Sears / refrigerator repair service

Carbondale, IL, US Review updated:

The repair man arrived to repair our refrigerator. He put the parts of our refrigerator on the floor instead of the countertop. He then proceeds to repair the refrigerator. The ice maker began to drip on his head, because the door was left open for so long. He then removed the ice maker that was not malfunctioning prior to its removal. He completed the repair. Left the icemaker on the counter and proceeded to his truck to get a receipt. I had to request that he put the ice maker back. The leak that was coming from under the refrigerator stopped, but after he left we had a new leak from the front of the refrigerator. That leak was coming from the icemaker. I called Sears back and requested at least four times that he returns. I called requesting that they give me an estimated time of arrival. He did not call. I was in my home from 8:00am to nearly 5pm because I did not know when he would return. I called a complaint center and supposedly a complaint was filed and someone from management would call. My request was for the return of my fee, because the ice maker functioned properly prior to the service man coming to my house. They said contact would be made within 48 business hours. He returned did something to the ice maker and left. He said that the icemaker would begin to harvest in 2 hours. The two hours came and went. No ice, still leaking. I called back and requested that some else come to repair my issue. I was told someone would return the following Monday. I called on Saturday, trying to speak with management about my complaint again; I was told someone would contact me in 48 hours. No one to date has returned my call. I am very dissatisfied. I still want my refund; I will be contacting Sears again, until I get a response. When I called AHS, my home warranty service that assigned this company, I was not given any assistance either, I was simply told to contact Sears. Thanks! This occurred on 8/7/09, two repair visits. The last repair was made on 8/10/09. Service area is Carbondale, Illinois.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Aug 26, 2009

Dear Mrs. Russell

I am sorry to hear about the problems that have been experiencing with your ice maker. I can assure you that we are concerned with the service that you have received and to hear that you have yet to be contacted by a member of management. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares executive team. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with resolving this issue. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will contact you at your convenience.

David V.
    Senior Case Manager

Comments

• Sh
      Aug 26, 2009

SEARS HAS NASTY WOKERS AT THE FLATBUSH STORE, I PAIDED CASH FOR MY STERO, WHICH I HAD TO TAKE IT BACK TWICE WITHIN 30 DAYS, NOW I GET THE RUN AROUND BY SEARS WORKERS, ONE SALES PERSON WAS SO NASTY I HAD TO TELL THIS [censored] TO STOP YELLING LIKE HE WAS CRAZY, NOW I HAVE THIS [censored] STERO THAT DO NOT WORK RIGHT I HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO SEND IT BACK, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN, THAT SALES PERSON SHOULD NOT BE AT SEARS DEALING WITH PAYING CUSTOMERS.