Sears Canada / undelivered appliances and poor customer service!

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Poor delivery services!!!

I ordered 5 appliances 3 months ago from the kitchener sears home store for delivery to my new home in mississauga. Now on the eve of x'mas, I am still waiting for my delivery to arrive from the 20th of dec.07. Apparently, the drivers did not know how to locate an address in mississauga two times around. Yes, there have been two attempts to get my appliances but the drivers have apparently had a hard time to find my house even though I have given them ever cross road and main road to get here including ladmarks. I had a driver tell me that it was too late for the delivery and he had to go home since it was taking him awhile to find it. The first delivery attempt they were in my complex 3 houses down but did not think of asking where my place was. By the way, I live off one of the main road in mississauga-derry road. I found the drivers to be acknowledgeable on the roads in mississuage along with poor manner when communicating with their customers - had a driver tell me to shut up. This is unacceptable under any circumstances.

The delivery setup with sears is also unprepared to handle situations like these as they just send you to customer service to reschedule your delivery. How many times do you have to reschedule a delivery before it actually gets here or they get it right? I will not recommend sears to anyone I know due to their incapable ability to get a delivery on time to a home especially when every other company such as leon's and brick can find your home with no problem. No excuse sears!!!

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Dec, 2007

I being in retail for 33 years know that there is always two sides to every story. If your place was easy to find the delivery would be easy to make. To think that having merchandise on a truck and taken off again only to be reloaded makes sense to any company is foolish. We often hear complaints of associates being rude but I find it is usually a return of the poor attitude received by customers and although never acceptable from someone being paid to put up with rude, it is often understandable. I find personally that if you can't say what the customer wants to hear, you are often called rude.

17th of Jun, 2008

I HAVE 6 GOLF PASSES THAT I RECIEVED FOR FATHERS DAY WHEN YOU SPEND $300 YOU GET A PASS
    WHAT THEY FAIL TO TELL YOU YOU NEED TO HAVE 3 OTHER GOLFERS TO USE THE PASS
    ALSO THE PASS SAYS THERE IS A LIST THAT THEY SEND YOU OF GOLF COURSES WITHIN 50 KM FROM YOUR
    RESIDENCE ANOTHER LIE THERE IS NOT ONE GOLF COURSE ON THAT LIST THAT IS 50 KM WITHIN MY HOME

THIS IS THE BIGEST SCAM THERE IS.
    I AM NOT HAPPY I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO GET ALL THESE PASSES AND I CAN'T EVEN USE ONE ALL THAT MONEY I SPENT REALLY PISSES ME OFF THEY WONT COMPENSATE ME IN ANY WAY

• Je
      29th of Aug, 2008

I was just on-line waiting for a Sears customer representative for over 1 hour. At the beginning of August I booked a repair person for our Sears dishwasher. Unfortuntely the repair person did not show up although I had to wait from 5:00-to 8:00 pm. After calling twice and being placed on hold for over 20 minutes I was told that someone would call back to rebook the appointment-no apology. I waited until 4:00pm today then called Sears and was placed on hold for over 1 hour. Finally after getting through I was told, that I had to rebook-nothing they could or would do. Now have to wait another 2 weeks. I will never ever buy an applicance from Sears again.
    What happened to customer Service???

• Up
      26th of Jan, 2011

I bought all my appliances and a couch at Sears when I bought my new house. I spent no word of a lie a combined total of 21 days of holiday time off work just to get the stuff delivered, and delivered again when they tried to pawn off broken appliances, which I promptly told them to load back up on their truck because I wasn't taking delivery of broken merchandise. Missed appointment after missed appointment, excuse after stupid excuse, it was appalling how many phone calls and appointments I made over the course of 6 full months to finally get all the items in my home and in working condition. I will NEVER EVER buy another thing from Sears Canada, and wish I had of done a "how to complain to Sears Canada' search on the internet before I had purchased from them. Notice when you do the same search for the Bay, it hardly brings up anything negative?