Sears / horrible company

Sears is a horrible company. I worked there for a year and there is so much drama and unfairness. First they make almost everyone in the store get credit apps and warranties etc. If you don't meet their unrealistic goals of one credit app per hour, you get written up and eventually fired. They also like to fire employees without warning and for tiny little mistakes that most other companies would just talk to their workers about. The Sears I worked at, (#2278) had horrible management as well. Managers took at least 7 breaks a day to smoke or eat or whatever, while the employees often missed lunches etc. and still had to punch out for them. The managers also hire people that they are friends with, and pay them more than other workers even though they have no previous experience or skills. Bottom Line: Don't even bother applying to Sears. They will use you and never appreciate you.

Comments

• Me
      14th of Jul, 2008

Uhh.. I work at Sears as a cashier and one credit app/hr? Our goal is one a day (and oh well if you don't get it, make it up the next, as long as your APO is 2), so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. They are not *that* strict- however if you consistently get 0, then I don't blame them for being mad and wanted to fire the employee for being lazy. Generally asking the question to each customer (like we have to, by law), will at least get you 5/month, trust me, I have lazy coworkers and they manage to make goal.

Yeah, the managers do take breaks 2309times a day, but I really, really doubt they make you miss lunches and punch out. If so, you need to call the Better Business Bureau and report your store because they changed the punch in/out for lunch from 30 minutes max to AT LEAST 30 minutes, no less.

Am I no way defending the company that I worked for 2 1/2 years, got two raises, left for a yr, and started at a new store and the HR lady has *yet* to even talk to the ASM/Store manger about giving me my old pay (I am making minimum wage right now!) despite advertising everywhere "will pay for experience!' but those are a little extreme... sounds like you're blowing things a bit out of proportion since I've worked at more than one store and its the same goals, same old crap.

• Ki
      22nd of Aug, 2008

i also written a complaint on this message board and i totally agree with you i worked at store 2980 and my complaint board reads sears sucks

• Sm
      1st of Feb, 2009

Oh please you can not force credit down peoples throats. credit companys are scared to death right now and dont like people to charge them up because their afraid they wont pay. plus sears makes more money with customers who use check' s bills. people dont want a large credit card bill to have to pay off. Sears should be more concered that people are actually comming into there store and people actually buying stuff than having managers bully around their associates. Sears needs a serious reality check. the managers go beyond what their suposed to as managers. Than when the associates arnt happy they stupiedly ask why arnt you happy at your job. well if they quit being bullys that harass all the time
    and get off the associates ### they would be. sears managers know nothing about motivating
    people. only trumping up any reason they can to write people up. they need more than a reality check they need psychological help.