Searsno lemon guarantee

I bought a Bosch dishwasher from Sears, with the Maintenance agreement; which has a clause of a no lemon guarantee. No lemon guarantee - we replace your covered product if it requires 4 or more repairs within 12 months; that is what the rules state. Sears has been to my house a least 6 times in the last year, replaced as least 4 parts and of course they say the piece does not qualify; after telling me one more repair and it would qualify.

Gd

Comments

• Mi
      Sep 22, 2019

My kenmore elite washer dryer combo (lg oem) has had a litany of service and malfunction issues since we purchased in 2017. Just this year alone, we have had to this point, seven major repairs with downtime’s averaging one week, one was a part that lg had backordered the part for almost a month. So all told up to this point, we are going on 80 days without a working washer dryer. This latest issue was a TE error which according to lg is a heating element failure. First the tech diagnosed the wrong element; there are two, one for the washer and one for the dryer. Another week of waiting for the correct heating element to arrive. Finally the part arrives and the awesome tech arrives to install it. Whoever doles out the times of arrival for these poor guys must know that they have no chance of making it to the customer within those times. Rich arrives after 4 pm (on a 10 to 2 window) and has the new part installed in a few minutes. He tells me that I think your bearings are going out. It passes his diagnostics fine and he leaves. The next day I wash clothes and midway through one dry cycle, another error code, this time it's a LE error code. I research the code and discover it means a drive motor failure. I immediately call in for service which thankfully is the following day.. Rich arrives a little after 2:40 pm and tells me that this time, it needs a new washer tub and a whole slew of items to fix, over $424 of parts not including the labor. We have a maintenance agreement so there’s no cost but still. His advice; call sears benefits and claim the no lemon policy. I call benefits and after 45 minutes on hold, I finally get a very helpful woman. She processes the claim and tells me that in her opinion, this should be approved under the policy. It may take up to five days to process.
    So here we are without a washer, hand washing clothes again.
    I will say the techs without a doubt are awesome, they work 14 hour days and really care about their customers. The sears benefits folks are also very good. Most of the day to day folks I spoke with were very helpful and one woman I spoke with told me straight out that this should qualify for a replacement ASAP. The next day another less than helpful person told me that no it did not but promised me a check for $50 dollars for our trouble. She was the only individual to be openly rude and disrespectful that I have spoken to. I also have not seen any sign of a check. ;-)
    It looks like repairs have been outsourced to an llc called Transform SR Brands LLC, 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179. These are the ones really responsible for the overseas people answering the phones and the bad service chain system.

Sep 22, 2019

Sears Benefits can be reached at [protected] and if requesting a no lemon policy claim, you should have four or more repairs with parts in a single 12 month period. Also it helps to have the tech there in case they want to speak to them about the device. them you want to “exercise the no lemon policy.”

Sep 22, 2019

That’s eight hundred - three seventy six - zero five five seven.