Sears / restocking used and broken product!

I went to Sears about 7 months ago to get a Kenmore vacuum cleaner. Consumer Reports said it was the best. I got it and when I brought it home, a piece that fastens an attachment in was broken, and it was obvious the vacuum was a returned item and not new. I returned it and got another one, and it was broken in another place, and was also a pre-owned item. The vacuum cleaner itself is not very good. The only way I could see Consumer Reports giving it a #1 (over Miele and Oreck, nonetheless!) is if they are on the take from Sears. They give exceptionally high ratings to Sears products. But Consumer Reports is another story... Sears has done even worse...

Ok, that was pretty bad, but this is worse. Yesterday I went there to get a replacement Pur water filter for my Kenmore refrigerator. When I got it home, I noticed the box had been previously opened. The filter was not wrapped in plastic, and it was dripping water out of it. It was a USED water filter. That is completely unhealthy. I called Pur and they told me their water filters are sealed in plastic, and I must have got a used water filter.

Pur is investigating this. I will also file a complaint with the California State Attorney General. This is completely wrong and disgusting. Drinking water from a used water filter is not safe.

Comments

• Fi
      18th of Nov, 2010

sears has very strict policy about putting any returned item back on the shelf I have seen millions of what looks like brand new product in the dumpster however at that pay rate there may be a lack of product care, .