Sears / what happened to sears service!

United States Review updated:
What happened to "SEARS"?

I have an elderly friend who has a service contract with SEARS for her refrigerator. Last month it stopped working. She lost all her perishables, then it took them 5 days to come and fix it. Less than a month later it broke again, this was last Wednesday, May 23. Again she lost all her perishables. This time they will be out to fix it on June 5th.

My friend is a 76 year old insulin dependent diabetic. Why would it take 2 weeks to come out to fix a refrigerator? I explained the situation to the repair center and all they said was that they were sorry. I consider this an emergency. We have a large percentage of elderly living in this state and this is how we treat them.

She has been staying with our family until the refrigerator is fixed.

SEARS use to be the elite when it came to customer service. What is going on?

Carol Marchese.

A  11th of Jun, 2007 by
I purchase a refrigerator from sears wearhouse on Tomlyn ST in Richmond Va, last year June and it was not delivered the date promise the manager name John promise to refund the delivery charge $60.00, as of this day he has not fullfiled that promise. I have made several phone call to his cell phone and he keeps saying g I will take care of it that your request has been sent for your refund.

Well I am tired of waiting so I am going to call Channel 12 the TV news to look into it, call 12 on your side. Hope to get a reply soon, sears customer service has been going down its not what it use to be back in the 80's.
A  1st of Aug, 2007 by
From the various postings I have read and my own bad experiences with sears (long time period to get a repairman to fix a garden tractor belt, poor workmanship on the repair-left a belt off the pulley, and really bad parts service, unusable new parts delivered and misunderstanding my wishes for a new usable part), I have decided the best course of action is to NEVER buy anything from them again including their K-mart stores.
A  13th of Aug, 2013 by
Purchased a Sears washer, after one tear it quit working. Repairman came out sold me a warranty and that was months ago---still my machine doesn't work and tomorrow will be Sears 3rd repair visit . Sears will never get another penny from me and anyone else I can persuade. They used to be the best, now they cannot be trusted whatsoever.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands