[Resolved] Sears / food loss warranty

bergoo, WV, United States

i have filed three food loss claims since 2004 and not received a single check, each time they say someone did not push the summit button, and they have corrected it but still no check, now they say they cannot find a food loss claim for last year, i have called several times over the year and they should have the paper work to prove it but no nothing i offered to send in the pictures dated last year when it broke down, they don't accept pictures nor will they contact their technician that did the work! something smells fishy! i have been without a freezer for a month and just learned Thur a friend i could have rented a freezer Thur my plan they never said a word about this option! i am cancelling this insurance when they decided to come and fix my freezer been 1 month! {BUYER BEWARE]

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Jul 28, 2011

To west virginia,

I'm sorry you have had so many issues getting food loss reimbursement under you service contract. There are several things that covered for refrigerator/freezer repairs, all listed in your service contract paperwork. We'd be happy to discuss these with you. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the freezer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (west virginia) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.