Sears Auto / customer service

1 Hyannis, MA, United States Review updated:

I went to have 4 new tires put on my car. After an hour of shopping/waiting for my car to be ready, I received a phone call from the auto department saying they could not find the piece to unlock my lug nuts. They offered to remove them anyways by breaking the locks for an additional cost. I opted to look for the piece myself and if I couldn't find it I would come back the fallowing day. Okay fine..its a new car to me and to be honest I don't know much about the subject, all I knew is I would rather have something done correctly. So when I came back to get my car they handed me a bill for an alignment. I really wasn't exspecting them to give me an alignment without replacing the tires, and why did they do this before changing the tires. Well I found out, they had a "free bay at the time". I asked why I was recommended to have an alignment with new tires and then they did the alignment before puting on the tires. This doesn't make any sense to me. It should be at their loss because they tried to cut coners and do work at a faster pace. Well besides all that, even if some don't agree with me..I asked to speak to a manager. She came out to the show room in a "huff" already aggrevated and with a prompt explaination as to why I was wrong in a very dermeaning manor with even asking me for any sort of explanation. I actually even didn't even get a chance to speak before she demanded payment. I was exspecting maybe a diplomatic explanation possibly, or at least my side of story to be heard. I am not an unreasonable person. By this time one of the other customers interupted her and quickly took my side, in which she also quickly disregarded anything he was attempting to say as well. I told her I felt it was unfair that they exspected for me to pay for their "mistake", and she responded to this by treatning to have an mechanics lean put on my car and that she would call the mall security. She also told me I could not get my car back until I paid, which I thought was funny since I was volunterily still there trying to work something out with them..car keys in hand. Even one of her co-workers amitted to her bad diposition and lack of handing the situation properly. I paid the bill, as security circled my car and parking lot. I will never return or recommend anyone to ever go to Sears ever again. Not because I feel as though they should have wiaved the alignment, which not only takes less then 5 mins with mechanics getting paid by the hour anyways; or because they did my alignment technically improperly before tires were put on; but because of one manager that does not have the personality or disposition to handle customer or customer complaints and should never have a job in customer service in the first place.

Comments

• Ng
      13th of Jun, 2009

I apologize for sears, wheel locks are tricky things sometimes. There is an option for Sears to break off the wheel locks and replace them with regular studs, but they shouldn't have done the alignment before the tires.

• Li
      9th of Sep, 2009

there is nothing wrong with performing an alignment on a vehicle prior to tire installation; so long as the tires that are presently on the vehicle have the proper air pressure, are not legally bald and are of the same size. vehicle alignments should be performed on a regular basis to ensure proper tire wear and proper function of suspension components. knowing where your wheel lock key is that is another matter... if you were to get a flat on the side of the road and not be able to change it; would you post complaints on the person who sold you the car? Same principle applies to motorists who get pulled over for headlights out and proclaim "i didnt know" when we drive a vehicle on the roadways it is OUR responsability to ensure all is in working order.