Sears Auto Center Mesa Arizona / damage to vehicle

1425 W. southern, Mesa, AZ, US Review updated:

Sears damaged my new vehicle, their loss prevention idiots attempted to intimidate me by taking a petty amount. I came in for an oil change, instead nearly $2, 000 in damage to my door where the idiot automotive manager released a high pressure air hose from a tire machine into the side of my car. I will sue them for the repair and my time. These people are complete idiots!

Comments

• Se
      Aug 14, 2009

Dear CEO,

This letter is to inform you that after being a loyal 20 year card holding customer, my relationship with Sears is over. On 11/08/2009 your Automotive Manager Mike Layton at the Mesa AZ store located at 1425 W. Southern Ave. disconnected an air hose from a tire machine that struck my new vehicle. I was at this location for a simple oil, lube and filter. I was told to get an estimate and Sears would fix my new vehicle that has just over 4, 000 miles on it. The BBB A+ Rated Body shop I took my now damaged vehicle to, gave an estimate of around $1, 600 to fix what your company had done. After a 2 hour wait for the loss prevention people to arrive, I finally received my damaged vehicle and a bill for the oil change that they had the nerve to make me pay for.

Your loss prevention people called me back the same day informing me that I needed at least 5 more estimates for the repairs, I informed them that was ridiculous and not going to happen. The next day I received another call from your loss prevention people who offered me $150 to settle my claim. I explained that there was no way on earth would I accept $150 for the damage as the vehicle was in the shop being repaired for $1, 600+ dollars plus I had to get a rental car.

I was badgered by these LP people and informed that Sears would drag the matter out in court for many years. They also asked that I send them a copy of my credit report, Social Security Card, Copy of my drivers license, birth certificate, vehicle registration, and insurance card to prove that I did "own the vehicle in question". This was a futile attempt to get me to accept their ridiculous offer.

Your employees are insane, liars and just flat bananas! Never in my life have I ever seen such a disaster. I will of course have my law firm sue the pants off of Sears for the damage and the absolute insanity of your employees. I will pay for the vehicle repair on my Sears Master card as well as the rental vehicle and the $2, 500 retainer to my law firm. Oh you know the 21% Sears card. Your store manager Burt Desroches has lied to the National Customer Relations for Sears by stating that he has attempted to contact me several times. I called four separate times to speak to him and was placed on hold for 20 minutes at a time. I will make sure I share my Sears Horror story with everyone I can find to listen, with the economy the way it is customer service should be job #1. Well I guess with a store manager who gets arrested for DUI I am sure alcohol is a factor because sober people don't let their employees act this way and get your company sued!

Sincerely,
    David Russell
    Mesa, AZ
    [protected]

Your Store Manager:
    Public Access to Court Information - Case Search Printer Friendly Version
    << return to search results new search >>

Case Information
    Case Number: M-1144-CR-2009294
    Title: ST OF AZ VS DESROCHES BURT Category: Traffic
    Court: Maricopa Municipal Filing Date: 05/26/2009
    Judge: HONORABLE SCOTT SULLEY Disposition Date: 08/04/2009

BURT DESROCHES DEFENDANT - D 1 Date of Birth: 8/6/1974
    Citation Count Description Disp. Date Disposition
    C00018508 1 DUI EXTREME BAC .15 - .19 1ST 08/04/2009 COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY
    C00018508 2 DUI LIQUOR BAC .08 OR MORE 1ST 08/04/2009 COMPL DISMISSED BY CTY ATTY
    C00018508 3 DUI LIQUOR/DRUGS/VAPORS 1ST 08/04/2009 PLEA GUILTY/RESP SENT IMPOSED

JOSE A. SALDIVAR ATTORNEY - Y 1