searchchest / Charged my credit card without myknowledge

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

On June 25th 2009 I found a charge on my credit card for 85.13 from Searchchest. No idea who they are, and when I called the 800 number provided, they were very quick to tell me that they would reverse the charge, and gave me a "confirmation number" and told me the charge would be reversed within 7 to 14 days. We are coming up to three weeks now, and no reversal has been made. They did not give me any information about who they are, or how they were able to charge my credit card! Very angry, but thankful that I am able to file a dispute with my credit card company. We have some justice!

Ki

Comments

• Me
      26th of Jul, 2009

I did not order Eternal because the shipping of 5.99 was inflated. They called me and asked me why I cancelled the order and I told them. six weeks later they shipped it anyway. They are giving me 14 days to cancel or they will charge me 88.00 and keep sending a bottle every month. They are shipping from a company called

Pure Vitamins Inc.
    181 Marsh Hill Rd.
    Orange Conn. 06477

I contacted the Ct. Attorney General, cancelled my credit cards and sent the product back, certified. I would never swallow anything that came from this company.

• Da
    searchchest - unauthorized withdraw from my checking acount
    searchchest
    581 county road 68
    Chesapeake
    Ohio
    Phone: 740-867-0555

I never heard of searchchest but some how they billed my checking account for 72.21. I never applied for there services or anything. Please let me know if you find out where they are and what their number is so I can contact them and get my money back some how

• Sk
      10th of Jun, 2016

Searchchest phone number is 1-888-247-9239. I was told by my credit union that there has been withdrawals of 72.21 since April, but each time different company names were used in the transaction. That means I am out $216.63 since the first withdrawal. I called the phone number, but it only answered "Customer Service" and did not state the company name (they were closed for the day). The other companies used were "For Refunds" and "A1 Member".

• Sk
    searchchest - unauthorized withdraw from my checking acount
    searccchest.com
    Phoenix
    Arizona

Looked on my debit card transactions and saw a company called searchchest with 1-888-247-9239 phone number. I called my credit union because I did not recognize the company. They told me there has been payments of 72.21 since April, but each time different company names were used each month. I called the phone number, but it only answered "Customer Service" and did not state the company name (they were closed for the day). I did not order anything from this company and found this website that states others are getting the same charges. How do we get these charges returned?

• Bo
      10th of Jun, 2016

You didn't order a thing from Google. You were totally scammed.

Also, don't type in ALL CAPS.

Glad to see my federal tax dollars are being pissed away on scams.

• Zt
      10th of Jun, 2016

That's what you get for falling for that money-making internet ###. I also agree with "bobtheman" . . thank you so much for pissing away our tax money on garbage!

• Wh
      10th of Jun, 2016

I was charged 72.21 on my card that i did not authorize.

10th of Jun, 2016

They charged my credit card for 72.21 for what ?
    Raji

• Fe
    searchchest - TOOK MONEY FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WIHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION

THESE SO CALLED ### HOLES TOOK MONEY FROM WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZING IT AFTER I ORDERED FROM GOOGLE A MONEY MAKING PACKAGE WHICH I DID AUTHORIZE BUT NEVER AGREED TO ANYTHING ELSE THEY CHARGED ME $72.21 TWICE IN TWO MONTHS TIME FROM 5/09 TO 6/09 I TRIED CALLING AT LEAST 10 TO15 TIMES AND AN AUTOMATED MACHINE ALWAYS ANSWERED TELLING ME THAT AN AGENT WOULD ANSWER ME SOON BUT I WAITED &WAITED AND NO LIVE AGENT ANSWERED.MY NAME IS FELIX CAMACHO, PLEASE TRY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT MY SITUATION BECAUSE THIS MONEY WAS TAKEN FROM MY FEDERAL GRANT THAT I GET ON A MONTHLEY BASIS I HAVE ALREADY NOTIFIED MY LAWYER & THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION AND THEY SAID THAT ARE GOING TO INVESTIGATE.

10th of Jun, 2016

Search Chest /Blazing Keywords = Huge SCAM.

More about this fraud here:

Report it to the FTC and the Feds:

The most efficient and effective way to throw a monkey wrench into this Google Profit Kit scam machine.
    (article from http://scam-googletreasurechest.blogspot.com/)

Steps to Take to Recover Your Money

1. Cancel your credit or debit card--Get a new card with new number! Your financial information has been compromised and you will be getting further debits to that card, If not now then they could come back later when you are unaware. This scam is refining into a form of "Identity theft" as your financial information is being traded to other cohorts without your permission or knowledge.

2. File a fraud charge with your credit card or bank and let them sort it out by doing a chargeback. They have more muscle to go after this sort of crime. Explain to them about all the consumer complaints that are on the internet and "insist" that they do charge-back or file a fraud charge. Your bank or credit card organization has all the tools necessary to find out where the charges are coming from, what business is involved, addresses and phone numbers connected to the charge and etc. You may not know or have access to this information. The banks and credit card org have all this at their fingertips and are obligated to handle the problem that has resulted.
    More info at: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

3. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Their job is to monitor and go after these types of scams.

4. File a complaint with your state Attorney General and also with the Attorney General of Utah (where a lot of the phone numbers and addresses seem to be located)

5. Filing a complaint with the BBB is toothless as the scam already is rated with a "F".

6. File complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx This is a place to report internet crime and is a combination gov agency of FBI, White collar Crime and Bureau of Justice Assistance.

7. After you filed with all the above agencies feel free to call any numbers you may possess that are connected to the "unauthorized charges" to try and recover all your money but take their word with a grain of salt. Don't hesitate to let them know what you have done or intend to do as they need to be shown that you mean business! If you succeed in getting your money returned you will have still taken steps to put their scam out of commission.

searchchest - Unauthorized charge
    Searchchest
    Utah

Searchchest made an unauthorized charges on my visa card that we do not know with the amount of 72.21.

• Hs
    searchchest - fraud
    Houghton Lake
    Michigan

i think these people are total ###s, how they do this to people, with everything going on in the world how can people do this other peoples account i had 72.21 taken out of my account lots of times all in one month and because it was on my child support card which i dont ever get, i thought i would check the balance and sure enough these people took it all. So i have a question what am i suppose to tell my son on his birthday, sorry buddy some loser got into OUR account and took all our money. And when i call the number even during business times no one answers the phone. you people that do this they dont understand HOW MUCH YOU ARE MESSING UP PEOPLE LIVES. i hope the people that run this business gets bad karma. How can you live everyday knowing that you might of just took someone LAST AMOUNT of money out of there account. watch all of your credit cards because more and more people are having money taken out of there account be careful.

• Md
    searchchest - Unauthorized charge

My HSBC Credit card was charged for 72.21 by Searchest. I dont know this company I dont know what they sell and I have not authorized them to use my card. I am a senior citizen and I need my refund. I was even charge a $30.00 overlimit fee by my bank. Please someone please help.

My email is Mdani3216@aol.com