Search Vitamins / AcaiBerry

I too ordered a free trial of AcaiBerry with paying only postage and handling. I ordered this product on-line on November 7. When 2 weeks went by I contact the toll-free number on my e-mail confirmation. Was told that it was shipped on November 14th. On November 18th three separate charges of $29 plus was deducted from my bank account by a company called Fit-Factory. I called them and they informed me that I had placed the order 3 times. As of this date, I had not even received the product for trial use. Fit-Factory did replaced/credit my bank account and I informed them to cancel all accounts that might be in my name. And the next day, the money was returned to my account. It is now December 10th and on Monday, December 8th I noticed that $89.95 was deducted from my account by a company called Search Vitamins. I got their toll-free number from my financial institution and called them. Christine, a manager/supervisor tried to explain to me that the 14 day trial period had expired. I told her I still have not received the AcaiBerry product, and told her that they have a scam going on with Fit-Factory and Search Vitamins. Told her I never ordered anything from Search Vitamins, nor through Fit-Factory and I wanted my money returned to my account. How can a company face themselves every day when they scam people like this. Apparently I am not the only one as I read the complaint on Search Vitamins. I told Christine to cancel any and all accounts that might be in my name and I did not want to try the product anymore if that is the way they treat potential customers. A scam that's all I can say. I was told the money will be replaced back into my account, give them at least 14 days. If the money is not replaced, I will file a dispute with my banking institution.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Tr
      3rd of Feb, 2009
    Searchvitamins Acai berry - unauthorized charges
    Searchvitamins

I ordered a "sample" onAcai berry tablets and cancelled the order a month later. After 3 months had passed, I discovered different charges on my card for things I had never heard of. When I called the number on the card, they all said that I had accepted it with my Acai order... I had NEVER heard of them before. I called my credit card and have turned it in as FRAUD...

19th of Jan, 2009

Everything that I have on the complaint board about this company is true. They charged my bank account on 12/3/08 for $89.31 and I have had charges for $29 from fit factory. The fit factory refund those charges but I am still fighting search vitamins on the $89.31. I have confermation number but no refund yet.

• Ca
      7th of Jan, 2009

I too have had problems with this company and I hope today, when I finally got hold of someone at a call center...I'm told my account is now cancelled. Very shady.

• Su
      7th of Jan, 2009

I have not read anything good about these companies AND believe me, there is more than one company involved!

• Su
      7th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the "free-trial" November 20/08; which I did receive. I then received another shipment containing 60 tablets. The transaction date was Dec. 5 and the Visa posting date was Dec. 8/08. Subsequent to this I received charges from Myeztrim, Web Access, SearchVitamins, Membership 800-9895907 IA and PriceLimbo. Total charges to Dec. 30/08 $156.13 (Cdn.) Upon checking with my Visa Carrier I was advised these companies are all connected. Today I noticed another charge of $111.64 (Cdn). As I was out of town for two weeks I did not have access to my VISA records. I spoke with "Customer Service" to cancel my account and question the $111.64 charge. They advised they had just sent another supply (Jan. 5/09) and, since it had already been shipped, they could not credit my account nor do they accept "returns". I stated I did not want it and wanted a full-credit. I was once again advised their policy did not allow for returns and the best they could do would be to credit my account for 1/2 within 14 business days. MY BEST ADVICE...DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE COMPANIES...TOTAL SCAMS!!! Also, don't be stupid like I was and give your credit card number. I have reported these occurences to my VISA Carrier...surprise, surprise...they are very aware of these companies and their practices.
    Sue C.

• Kb
      6th of Jan, 2009

Ripped off too: I ordered the bottle of so-called Acai berry (Acai Berry Extreme). The site stated that I would be charged 3.95 for shipping. I was later charged 89.31. I tried contacting the company and no answered the phone. I not received the pills and have contacted my bank who will be disputing the charge. I hate companies who try to earn their living by ripping off others. As we all know companies such as searchvitamins do not last long but they do rip off alot of individuals before they shut down their scams. I hope others read our posts prior to making any purchases from this company. There are very good Acai Berry products out there but companies who attempt to sale their products to scams can not possibly offer good quality products.

Just my 2 cents worth- I hope it saves you 89.00 dollars.

5th of Jan, 2009

I too ordered the $3.95 trial of cleanser. I t took about a month for it to come in. I haven't paid close attention to my account online, but decided to today and see where they have taken out $89.31 from my account. I have contacted someone in their customer service department and have asked them to cancel any future orders. I have rec'd a name and cancellation number. I am IRATE that they have gone to these terms to get business. There was no way I would have agreed to any terms had I known there were any. I have spoken with my bank, but they pointed me to go through the merchant first. The sad part is, the guy in customer service was trying to persuade me by sending me more herbs...what a joke. I pray that it works out for us all. The best taught fool is a bought fool, and I have learned my LESSON.

• El
      31st of Dec, 2008
    Search Vitamins - contactability
    Scotland, Strathclyde
    United Kingdom

I requested a 14 day Acai berry trial pack on 26 December and received it on 31 December. Inside was a typed note telling me that unless I telephoned the telephone number on it to cancel I would receive a 31 day supply of Acai berry and be charged over 90 dollars from my bank account; and that this would continue monthy until I cancelled. Needless to day I attempted to contact the company to cancel as I most certainly was not agreeing to this. Unfortunately I was unable to do so. I then went into the internet for information on the company and was shocked to find that they had built up a history of debiting bank accounts without agreement of the account holder. I contacted my bank who informed me that as I had ordered on line the company had my bank sort code and bank account number and I couldn't stop them from debiting my account. Not prepared to continue trying to contact them, or to see if my account was debited I immediately closed it. It is New Year's eve and this is at great inconvenience to me, but I would rather have to deal with this than have money be taken from my bank account.
    THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS TO PEOPLE. HAD I NOT BEEN QUICK TO ACT I AM SURE MY BANK ACCOUNT WOUL D HAVE BEEN DEBITED.

30th of Dec, 2008
    Search Vitamins - /unauthorized charges from bank
    Idaho

I called and cancelled my trial order on 11-21-08. I received a confirmation number. A few day s later I had 80.00$ withdrawn from my checking account. I have been calling them every 5-6 days . It is now 12-30-08 I have yet to receive my credit. Everytime I call I am told 3-5 days. Yeah Right!!

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2008

I'm another one, ordered a free sample for shipping only charges, ended up with a $29.95 charge from fit.fac.com and $89.31 charge from Search Vitamins. Same scenario, their "terms" supposedly sign you up for a program that charges you monthly unless you cancel within 10 or 14 days. How can I cancel when I don't know I signed up for their "program". What a rip off.

Pat D.

• Le
      19th of Dec, 2008

OMG! I too have been scammed by these people! I finally got through on the tx # listed on my credit card bill and someone that did not speak English very well told me that he would be glad to stop the charges. He said I had an account with them. Now I see by other comments that he won't necessarily do what he said he would. sigh. . . He told me that I should have read the ad on the computer (I too ordered the $3.95 bottle). He said the ad states exactly what will happen. Well, I don't know about anybody else but I no longer have that ad to read . . .
    I am now calling my credit card company. Merry Christmas to all

• Xx
      18th of Dec, 2008

I can't believe it but yes it has happened to me too...one week to xmas, single parent, low income, and i have had money taken from my account without permission from this same company Searchvitamins...

I have reported it to my bank who have cancelled my card, which means i have to go to a branch to get any money out, i doubt i will get my new card before xmas. I have reported it to the fraud dept and am reporting it to the police.

I have rang and rang the number on the transaction details but it just rings and rings...

All i did was some xmas present shopping on the net and this is what i've ended up getting...so it just goes to show that no matter how secure internet shopping seems, it actually isn't...

I sympathise with all who are in this situation with this company and hope we can make a difference by getting them done for this...

I am quite devastated and don't know how me and family are going to recover from this.. this is their xmas and these people have ruined it..
    i hope they can sleep at night and are going to have a nice xmas (at our expense) because ours isn't going to be.

• Ri
      17th of Dec, 2008
    Search Vitamins - Unauthorized charges
    Search Vitamins
    all-ages-vitamins.co.uk

I got $89.31 took out of my debit card without my authorization or acknowledgment. The only reason i just found that out is I went on to check my balance on the card and found that $89.31 was taking out in concern i looked it up and it showed it was from a company called search vitamins. I did not order any vitamins or did I receive any vitamins. I called the number on the web site and could not get a hold of anyone except a recording. The recording that was on there I could not leave a message. I am not very happy that a company would do that.

• Cr
      14th of Dec, 2008

I was gotten my acia berry pills. I was charged for shipping and never got pills then I was charge for this fit-fac program in which they are crediting me back for 29.95 number is 1-866-407-1022. They also gave me this number to call for the charge on the monthy supply of pills.1-877-350-8480.

14th of Dec, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me and a less than two weeks before Christmas, I am fighting to get $120 back from fit factory and search vitamins that I never agreed to pay. I find it very sad that on the fit factory home page, the first thing you can click on is the link about charges showing up on your credit card. It's obvious they know what is going on and the company themselves should do something to fix it.
    I also have never received the trial offer of Acai Berry, but am now being charged $90 for a month's supply. I saw the information for this product on my space and am contacting them to take it off their web site.

11th of Dec, 2008
    Search Vitamins - Acai Berry free trial
    Search Vitamins

I ordered a free trial for Acai Berry. I received the product and from then on I have been charged on my credit card for the amounts of $89.00 three times without my agreeing to the purchase.

Close them down.

Mrs. La Fontaine
    London. England.

• Mo
      10th of Dec, 2008

I hate to be the barer of bad news but, the only way to stop them is you have to close your checking account and re open a new one.
    I had this all go down in October. They promised not to charge me for anything again . Well last night they sent a charge into my account. I caught it did a stop check for 30 dollars. The problem is they will just keep hitting my account hoping it goes through. So, I will be paying 30 everytime they hit it. The bank told me be cause I gave them the checking account number for the shipping cost I gave them approval to charge me.
    I called 877-859-1109
    I was told. "This is not us, we did not charge you. A bad company is using our phone number"
    BS.
    So I have to cancel my bank account and re open a new one to stop them from getting charges through.

• Ka
      10th of Dec, 2008

Search Vitamins and Fit-Factory are scam artists. Don't ever order anything on line that deals with health/diet products. You don't get the product and they deduct money from your account. They are scam artists

• Al
      4th of Dec, 2008

Same thing happen with me can you please ..give me their contact number

• Br
      4th of Dec, 2008

omg!! i never thought something like this would happen to me! i got charged once for 29.95 then 89.17! this is crazy i talked to my bank and they said this has been happening alot and they had no problem fixing it. they fixed the 29.95 first and they will fix the 89.17 when it is doen pending. now im just wondering if i should cancel my card and get a new one.