Search Vitamins / AcaiBerry

I too ordered a free trial of AcaiBerry with paying only postage and handling. I ordered this product on-line on November 7. When 2 weeks went by I contact the toll-free number on my e-mail confirmation. Was told that it was shipped on November 14th. On November 18th three separate charges of $29 plus was deducted from my bank account by a company called Fit-Factory. I called them and they informed me that I had placed the order 3 times. As of this date, I had not even received the product for trial use. Fit-Factory did replaced/credit my bank account and I informed them to cancel all accounts that might be in my name. And the next day, the money was returned to my account. It is now December 10th and on Monday, December 8th I noticed that $89.95 was deducted from my account by a company called Search Vitamins. I got their toll-free number from my financial institution and called them. Christine, a manager/supervisor tried to explain to me that the 14 day trial period had expired. I told her I still have not received the AcaiBerry product, and told her that they have a scam going on with Fit-Factory and Search Vitamins. Told her I never ordered anything from Search Vitamins, nor through Fit-Factory and I wanted my money returned to my account. How can a company face themselves every day when they scam people like this. Apparently I am not the only one as I read the complaint on Search Vitamins. I told Christine to cancel any and all accounts that might be in my name and I did not want to try the product anymore if that is the way they treat potential customers. A scam that's all I can say. I was told the money will be replaced back into my account, give them at least 14 days. If the money is not replaced, I will file a dispute with my banking institution.

Comments

• De
      16th of Nov, 2008
    Search Vitamins - contactability
    Search Vitamins
    Phone: 1-877-859-1109

I ordered a $4.95 small bottle of Acia Berry tablets.
    It took over 3weeks to get them...in the meantime my Visa was charged $108.00 for a month supply that I never agreed to. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE. I found it on Perez Hilton .com.
    I am also reporting them to the better business burea. Deborah

• Ru
      17th of Nov, 2008

i ben charge 57.75£ for some search vitamins which i havent order...how to get my money back, if anybody can help me, please

• Tr
      17th of Nov, 2008

Same here, I ordered a trial size of the same product (which I have not received) and now there is a charge on my debit card in the amount of $89.31 from search vitamins! These people are unethical and I too will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau. My bank said they would put the funds back into my account if the charge ends up going through, right now the charge is listed as a pending debit transaction. Talk with your bank or credit card company depending on how you paid. They should talk care of it for you. You should keep checking your card to make sure they don't try to charge on it again.

• Ke
      17th of Nov, 2008

I ordered the Acia Berries tablets and had the same issues as above. I was charged the $89.31 for Serch Vitamins. I have been working with my bank all day to try and clean this up. I got the idea off of Operah to order these but I don't know if I went to the wrong web-site or what. Good luck to everyone.

18th of Nov, 2008

This happened to me as well I have just been on the phone to America (the number given on the piece of paper that came with tablets) they have assured me that no more payement will be taken

• De
      18th of Nov, 2008

I was charge the shipping charge 5.95 and never received the Acai. I did receive another charge of 29.95 for fitfac. I never signed up for that, I called the number and they refunded the money.However all numbers are now ringing busy.

• Ro
      18th of Nov, 2008

I also recieved a bill from search vitamins, for 89.31...I am in shock, my credit card company canceled my card. I got the ideal from Opera also. ANd ordered something like what the others ordered. CANCEL YOUR CARD OR THEY WILL CHARGE YOU AGAIN.

• Ba
      19th of Nov, 2008

I ALSO WAS BILLED FOR ACAI BERRY I DID NOT ORDER..FIRST THE 3.95 FOR THE TRILE SIZE AND TODAY I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FOUND OUT THEY BILLED MY CREDIT CARD 89.31 ...I CAN NOT AFFORD THIS I AM A 70 YEAR OLD AND DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THIS ESPECIALLY SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER...SOMEONE NEEDS TO HELP US OUT, THIS IS FRAUD!!! RIPPING SO MANY PEOPLE OFF.MY FIST BILLING WAS BILLED AS "YOUR VIP FIT" AND THE NEXT WAS BILLED " SEARCH VITAMIN" ALSO THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT PHONE # TO CALL AND WHEN YOU CALL THEM THIS RECORDING COMES ON AN SAYS DO TO HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS THEY CAN'T TAKES ANY OR WON'T TAKE ANY CALLS AND THE MUSIC COMES ON . I HAVE CALLED AT 6AM TO 9PM SAME OLD STU[censored] HELP!!!

• Mi
      20th of Nov, 2008

The SearchVitamins customer service number is (877) 859-1109. You need to call them and get the to refund you the money and give you a merchant code for the bank to stop the payment.

• Mi
      20th of Nov, 2008

Alright--I just got my cancellation code and money returned--You need to call them up screaming false advertising but this is their angle with everything, in the Terms of Agreement it states that you will be charged 14 days from when you SIGN-UP (on the website and order) then they will begin to charge you $89.31 monthly for the vitamins.

If you have been charged this money--there is nothing you can do outside of the 14 days argument if you didn't get proper usage of this product etc. However, if you have exceeded these 14 days, call the customer service number at Search Vitamins: (877)859-1109 and tell them you want to CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION so they don't charge you anymore.

Don't forget to get a cancellation code.

• Mc
      20th of Nov, 2008

Does anyone have an address for Search Vitamins? My bank have informed me that I have to write to them and inform them that I wish to cancel this subscription. I like everyone else was unaware that I was entering into a subscription. I have rung both numbers given and cannot get any answer.

• Re
      21st of Nov, 2008

i too have been caught by this i live in england, thay have had a total of £67.15 taken out of my bank account contacted my bank and was told i need to phone the comapny and cancel my subscription but cant find the number to phone from england much appreciated if anyone could help me with this i rang the number on the bank statment that just gave me number not reconized im now worried they will take more .
    Thanks .Rex

• Tr
      25th of Nov, 2008
    Search Vitamins - contactability
    search vitamins

i ordered a sample trial for free and paid shipping..never received product and was then charged 89.31...i recently lost mu job and have no income coming into this account..so this company takes what money i did have..was the only money i had for my kids christmas..i am very upset that they can steal your money and not even ship the product.. something needs to be done about this.

• Li
      29th of Nov, 2008

same here! $142.09 Australian. And... my "trial" vitamins never even arrived.

• Ra
      30th of Nov, 2008

I ordered my trial over 2 weeks ago, I never received a confirmation email with a phone number nor have I received the trial bottle and now I was charged the $89. Does anyone who actually got any bills have a phone number I can call to cancel the charge?

• Me
      1st of Dec, 2008

You must give the merchant 30 days to deliver your product; unless you have proof that you were to receive it by a specific date (about a week, does not work). After 30 days if you do not recieve the products you can dispute it as "non receipt" if you charged it on a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.

If the terms & conditions say something similar to you will be charged after your 14 day trial; then that is the terms. It doesn't mean you will have 14 days to try the product & then be charged. So even if you don't get your trial product, you may still be charged & can not dispute the 2 charge if the product is received within 30 days.

If you return it or refuse the order & it was received within 30 days; this does not mean the merchant has to provide a refund & will most likely give you a partial refund & deduct most as a s/h charge or restocking fee.

If you made your purchase online or on the phone; you bank should not be requiring you to send the merchant a letter. The Visa & MasterCard rules are to make a valid attempt to resolve. If they have provided phone numbers on your account (which is 877-859-1109) and the number doesn't work then that is a valid attempt. If you have to hold for 3 hours; then that is what you have to do. If you made your purchase online; that means you have internet access & you should try to go online & look for an email address at the website. You should also look to see what their means of cancellation is. If it says call, mail or email; then that is what you need to do.

The most important thing is to document everything you do & when you do it to resolve this matter. When all else fails, you turn it in to your bank to process a dispute.

Hope this info helps!!

• Ph
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    Search Vitamins - charges not agreed to
    search vitamins
    Harrogate
    Tennessee
    Phone: 4238690160

I have been charged 89.31 for acacia berry products that I did not agree to buy. I did agree to a trial bottle -not a monthly supply. This company is
    noted for this charge.

• Br
      4th of Dec, 2008

omg!! i never thought something like this would happen to me! i got charged once for 29.95 then 89.17! this is crazy i talked to my bank and they said this has been happening alot and they had no problem fixing it. they fixed the 29.95 first and they will fix the 89.17 when it is doen pending. now im just wondering if i should cancel my card and get a new one.

• Al
      4th of Dec, 2008

Same thing happen with me can you please ..give me their contact number

• Ka
      10th of Dec, 2008

Search Vitamins and Fit-Factory are scam artists. Don't ever order anything on line that deals with health/diet products. You don't get the product and they deduct money from your account. They are scam artists