search profit system / scam

1 US Review updated:
Phone: 8663117023

This company charges you $1.95 to find out how to paste links for google and make money. They do not tell you that you will then be charged another $49, which I don't even know what it's for. There is nothing on the site that tells you they will be charging you anything but the $1.95. I am currently disputing the charge. I tried to email the company and the email came back to me with a failure to deliver notice. I tried to call the company and there is no answer and the mailbox is full, so I can't even leave a message. If I can't get my money back for the charge I didn't authorize, I have to change my debit card number. If there is anyone else out there who also got scammed by these people, please respond to this and let me know because I want to sue them.

Comments

• Pl
      Aug 13, 2009

I can't sympathize with you, sorry - did you honestly think that you were going to get information on how to be a millionaire using your computer to sell ads? Come on!!! Yes links like that are scams, but people continue to fall for them!

Report them to the better business bureau. Have you tried that? DId you even contact them before you started sending them money? Yes, the BBB has an online component.

And WHY would you use a debit card for an online transaction??? Silly, silly person. If you'd've used a credit card, you could dispute the charge without having to change your card number. Most reputable banks will allow you to do that with a debit card without having to change it.. .I know mine does.

Good luck, but next time, try a reputable source for additional income! The people who make money on the internet are these companies scamming others.

• Xn
      Aug 13, 2009

My mother is currently dealing with this same situation. She wanted to find out the information to make money at home, and I thought that I could possibly use it too, being a 18 year old living in Michigan where jobs are scarce. I know exactly how you feel and I don't thnk that you are stupid for falling for it. My mom and I have been using her credit card for years to buy stuff online and have never had this issues before. Thank you for posting this so we know that we're not alone.

• Ey
      Aug 19, 2009

I got scammed, they got me too. They took me for a $1.95, then $49.84 and $28.71 in less than ten days. They will charge you over and over with reccuring monthly charges. THE BEST SCAM EVER. I tried to get my money back and they gave me the $28.71 of it. I have talked with them all day trying to make them as angry as I am. Here is what I have found out. Its all THIRD PARY. And none of them do anything but read from a script, take what you say and flip the words around. SO WANT TO GET THEM BACK? CALL THEM at [protected] exten 222 a regular brand new rep named JORDON he got me my $28.71 back. He said he was hanging up I kept him on the line for almost an hr as he tried not to argue. Gave me a little joy to make him a little miserable. Then I got extension for some Supervisors... Casey same # ext 219 He sounded so young he must not have realized he was screwing everone and not getting the enjoyment from it. Then Shelly Clark another Supervisor. She told me over and over she wasn't as smart as me and read fictisous things from Jordon, that I did not say. And last but not least the Head Supervisor who is sick apparently conscious is getting the better of him same # ext 237 for MIKE VILES. They said that it was the wrong thing to do to give you this info. I think we should have had it in large print that the $1.95 was a teaser.

So if you would like a little EYE FOR AN EYE use this info...

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM

• Du
      Aug 21, 2009

I, too, got caught in this scam. Fortunately I stumbled across a microscopic link to Terms and Conditions and found out about the recurring charges. I tried calling the listed number to cancel but as others have noted, nobody answered and mailboxes were full. I then immediately canceled my credit card so that no charges could be charged against it. Thanks to the writer Eye4AnEye I was able to use his Ext.# info and used the one for Mike Vile at ext. 237 and he answered and canceled my "membership" and gave me a cancellation # no questions asked. If his response is also part of the scam they are out of luck.

• Go
      Aug 22, 2009

They got me too. I signed up for the Search Profit System for $1.95 and days later my Wells Fargo Check Card was debited(8/21/09) $49.95. I called early this afternoon to the toll free customer service number [protected] and requested politely for a full refund and cancellation of my subscribtion. The representative said they could only refund 50% of the monthly subscription fee and they would end my subscription immediately. I asked multiple times if I will be debited in the future and the customer care rep said NO. After reading some other online comments regarding this company I am planning to close my Wells Fargo Checking Account to avoid any other loss of funds.

• Ka
      Aug 23, 2009

Same here! woke up this morning reading news and found an article from CNN that google jobs are on the rise. There was a link where I clicked it and it went to "search profit". I figured a dollar 95 aint so bad even if i don't do the add posting. I can still learn how people post it. After clicking on it i realized i might have just been scammed. I usually do research first before agreeing on anything online but this time not sure why i didn't. I found a whole bunch of complaints and this one is the most informative. I have since cancelled my card, left a nasty vocie mail to Mike Vile. Oh! by the way they are only open Mon to Fri...mountain time. I will call them back tomorrow and give them hell.

I sympathize with you all! It happens to the most careful folks.

• Ju
      Sep 08, 2009

Apparently there is a link to a page Membership Terms that has the fine print. If you do not click on that link and read the terms, this company has just signed up another sucker.
    Money Mastery Customer Support
    [protected]
    They have no shame in the way they operate.

Apparently they have multiple similar sites or affiliates who sell the same scam

Why are the State Attorney Generals asleep when this racket is in full swing mode.
    In the membership terms section, they pledge to come after you if you get your credit card company to intercede. Why do the credit card companies not blacklist these goons?

• Ha
      Sep 12, 2009

HI,
    BEWARE THESE ARE NEW BREED OF BLOOD SUCKERS THAT HIT MAINLY ON YOUR CERDIT CARD.BEWARE THEY CHARGED ME A WHOPPING $74.95 PLUS HAD THE BALLS TO BILL ME 5 DAYS LATER FOR 24.95 THATS $100.00 I DO NOT HAVE I AUTOMATICALY CALLED MY HARLEY DAVIDSON VISA CARD AND TOLD THEM ITS A SCAM AND I REFUSE TO PAY EVEN A DIME TO THOSE BLOODSUCKERS. YES MONEY MASTERS IS A SHELL GAME IF YOUGET HIYT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD YOU MUST ACT VERY VERY PISSED OFF TELL THEM YOU REFUSE TO PAY THEM FOR SOME THING THEY NEVER GAVE YOU.I GOT ALL YES EVERY PENNY THOSE BLOOD SUCKERS TRY TO SCAM FROM ME SO BEWARE !!!

• Ha
      Sep 12, 2009

BEWARE THERE MODER DAY CON ARTIST I WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON 1 JERK THE MAIN JERK OFF CHARGECMY CREDIT CARD FOR ZERO I GOT NOTHING FOR $74.25 AND 24.95 BEWARE ITS A SHELL GAME

• Pi
      Sep 26, 2009

I Just recently joined the search profit sytem just as others did in the complaint. For $1.95 they promised the tools for online financial success. Instead after you have logged in once and exit the site there is no return. It is a bogus web address. They stole my money and now can access my account. They are criminals and should be stopped...HOW!!! I heard about the opportunity through my local newspaper The Charlotte Observer! Are they not researching their articles anymore. actions should be taken against them as well!

• Po
      Oct 08, 2009

Got me as well and I also missed the small link for the terms and conditions of the rip off. If I had seen anything about recurring charges, I would have run fast away from this. That is the first clue if you can find it. I will also be disputing charges and filing a complaint with my state attorney general. I f

• Us
      Oct 14, 2009

Wow, I've just sent my $1.95. They've been ringing my phone off the hook. Success Teams is what the caller i.d. says. I'm not going any further with this one. Thanks to reading all of this. This happened to me back in February with CheapTrips.com. I kept fussing with them over getting my money back instead of going through my credit card, by the time I realized that my credit card company could help me, the time ran out and they could no longer help me. So I went to the Better Business Bureau on line, filed a complaint an within 1week, CheapTrips.com refunded my money. I only wish I would have went to them sooner

• Me
      Oct 14, 2009

I WAS SCAMMED TOO AND IT IS NOT EASY AT ALL TO TELL THAT YOU ARE BEING CHERGED ANYTHING BUT $1.95 FOR THE GOOGLE INFORMATION ON HOW TO POST LINKS. I WANT TO PURSUE THEM AS WELL LEGALLY, NOT TO WIN $$ BUT TO HAVE A STOP PUT TO THIS KIND OF 'THEFT"!!! MY BANK ACTUALLY NOTIFIED ME!!! i DID NOT EVEN KNOW THEY HAD CHARGED ANYMORE THAN THE $1.95.

I THINK THE STATES ATTYS OFFICE SHOULD GET INVOLVED AS THEY ARE USING SEVERAL DIFFERENT NAMES AND YES MONEY MGMT IS THE ONE THAT SHOWED UP ON MY BANK RECORDS AND THEY WERE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN ON THE WEBSITE I SAW.

• Ho
      Oct 19, 2009

Thanks for all your info, I new it was more to this story, I'm glad I found this site I was able to cancel my card before they hit me with anymore fees.All they got was the $1.95.

• 1r
      Oct 20, 2009

Well, I was scammed as well, however I am here to report a somewhat positive result, considering the circumstances and the fact that we were all scammed to begin with! I am a single mother and thought I was purchasing an E-Book about Google-Ad-Links for $1.95 (thats the misleading link that got me, so I guess they are switching it up a bit now that so many people have caught on) Anyway, I was furious knowing that I had actually called and cancelled the same day I received it as soon as I saw what it was, and yet I still was charged the $1.95 (which I approved) but then over the next 5 days (after I cancelled) I had a $29.71, then a $49.84, then another charge for $59.84, all within 7 days!!! Needless to say my Italian temper flared up and I called [protected] after waiting on hold for no less than about 30 minutes (during which a recording kept repeating that I could just leave a message and spell my name, the phone number I signed up with and my e-mail address, and someone would return my call within one business day) I knew better, so I chose to hold. 30 minutes later a girl named Jamie said may I help you, the first words out of my mouth were "Yes you can, you can refund all the unauthorized charges yall have made on my debit card thank you!" Then she attempted to start with the did I read the fine print & terms & conditions, I said yes I had 3 days to cancel and I cancelled the first day, so it doesnt apply here. She then attempted to convince me that I hadnt called and if I did who did I speak to, so I told her and she said no I didnt it wasn't possible. I lost it, after convincing her that I had spoken with someone, I proceeded to tell her that she ought to be ashamed of herself and asked her if she was proud of herself and did she sleep good at night knowing that she assisted in scamming hundreds of people out of their hard earned money during this recession? She had no reply, So while she was speechless I informed her that I had spoken to my bank and they suggested that I contact the company and demand a refund and if that didn't work then they would file papers with me to dispute the charges and also forward them to the BBB and the States Attorneys office in my state. She then asked me to calm down so we could figure out how to solve the problem, I said, simple refund the money you stole out of my account with out authorization, problem solved. And then she did just that, she refunded everything they had withdrawn from my account except for the $1.95 & the $35.00 overdraft fee that was caused by this mess. I figured I would suck up the $35.00 til I get to the bank because when they see the charges reversed they will also reverse the overdraft fee as well! So the point I am trying to make is this, Be firm, be loud, be demanding and make them hear you!!! It worked for me!!

• Tj
      Oct 28, 2009

I to was scammed by this I thought since I was getting info from "Google" it should be safe boy was I wrong. When I checked my banked statement and saw a charge for $59.00 mu heart stopped. I called and "Mary" said you agreed to the charge it was in terms and agreement if you didn't read it thats your fault not my. I wanted to reach through phone and slap her. I never saw any terms and agreement because if I had I never would have agreed to them. But of course they convienently place them at the very bottem of the page in very small print so nobody sees them. Scammers. They should be ashammed of them selves. I just really hope they don't hit me with anymore charges because I really don't want to deal with these people any more!!! I guess I learned my lesson.

Nov 05, 2009

This is a nightmare, that happened to me too, today I discovered a charge in my debit card for 59.84, I called my bank and I tried to get my money back, but if you want a sue this company I'm with you because this is a theft and somebody have to stop it my e-mail is [protected]@hotmail.com Thank.

• Gr
      Nov 06, 2009

I gat scammed as well, even after my wife had accidently been sucked in to a different "subscription". I was doubly careful and wavered many times over the $1.95, I searched carefully and laboured over their site and found NO mention of it being a "subscription" so I gave in. 3 days later there was an unauthorised charge of $59.84 US, and then 9 days after that they took another $29.71 US. I just got my statement from MASTERCARD and went ballistic. I have gone back to the site and searched high and low, even checking my "account" link which shows NO transactions...???
    Something not mentioned by the rest of the complaints I read was the fact that a "representative" called me by phone 2 or 3 days after the initial $1.95 offering me personal tutoring / mentoring which would guarantee my success as they would personally guide me the whole way to success. I told him I would be taking it slow and not getting too excited over the program and preferred to take it alone at my own pace but that I really did'nt expect to get rich from this, at which point I declined his offer and he got angry and offered a few snide remarks then hung up, I assumed I was declining all the secondary "expensive" perks and offers, boy is my face red.! For an added punch in the face MASTERCARD instructed me to go into a process over the next 30 days to try and resolve with this so called "merchant" and get this, MASTERCARD will absolutely continue to pay any and all "subscription" payments recurring during this 30 day period, and forever after unless I can provide ironclad proof of my cancellation from the "merchant" who is ripping me off...! I CANNOT STOP THE PAYMENTS..MASTERCARD WILL NOT LET ME!!!

• Gr
      Nov 06, 2009

Breaking news: My wife called MASTERCARD after I posted the last comment and she was told that another new unauthorised charge was pending from a company called "omni (something)" in US funds. I have never heard of this company until just now but it appears this thing could snowball through all of the resellers and third party affiliates...WATCH YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCES AND STATEMENTS...Call daily and ask about pending charges...it's a lot easier to stop a payment from happening than to get the money back later..As it turns out I have had to cancel my card and cut it up to try and make this go away..

• Kf
      Nov 24, 2009

man to the first commint "shut Up" (wewll stop typing) this perso is not dum but you are, i too was scammed out of my money I will agree with u on this but not all have the knowledge as we do. the bank card i would have not done, or i would have used my dummy account to do it. to the person that we are commiting with a dummy account is an account that i transfer money to as i need to i have an account that i keep money in but that account do nothing but transfer and receive. if you want to sue let me say i am with you although i don't think we can. my point is i did not see a terms claim on my account but i do feel that a company that will place a phone number is smart enough to add what is needed to over come a sue. but if enough of us get to gether judge will have to hear us. then we can sue for lots time, money, mental stress, and mishap fees. Adam @ [protected]@yahoo.com lets do this. but we will have to have a number of folk to get a lawyer to step up. must of them only seek to get money so if they feel they can suck enough out of us they will try. cause they wil get paid if or not we win.

• Qu
      Nov 26, 2009

Assuming you all didn't read the fine print it seems as though the misconception would have paid for itself if the success stories of this product were true. My question for you is was it the product that was the scam or was it the way the payment description was laid out on the site that has you all so upset? Did these companies give you anything for the initial $1.95 investment?

• Sc
      Dec 01, 2009

I got hit with the same scam. I check ed my bacnk account today and sawa a chare for $59.89. My bank gave me the [protected] number, but when I called it I was put on hold for 20 minute before I hung up.

• Na
      Dec 02, 2009

I, too, was ripped off for $59 plus the $1.95. I called my credit card to dispute it and then called the company's number that was on my credit card bill. I was directed to a different number for billing. Mary asked if I had seen the terms and conditions. I am a loan officer and am very conscientious about fine print. I never saw any on the site that I signed up with. She had me hold for a moment and then said that she could cancel my subscription today and that I would get $30 back. She said that I could call back if I ever wanted to restart up my subscription again. I think that these people should be sued and that they should be forced to put in large writing that this is a subscription based company to remain in business. I don't know how any company could be so unscrupulous!

• Jc
      Dec 10, 2009

I saw the terms and conditions and the program is great...
    Cant figure out why everyone is so upset. I always read the terms but more importantly I wanted good info to make money online. Has anyone tried using the search profit system? Seems like it is good info to me???

• Va
      Mar 08, 2010

I was taken as well. The add did not say anything about any charges. I thought this was a legitimate google company, looking for people to work from from home. The way they charge is deceiving as well as they claimed I signed up in December, and the first two billings I received was in My February statement for 1-28 $99 that shows up as BIZKIT and 2-28 for $47.50 for School Dot Net. There are two different numbers available and even though I did reach someone they indicated that they would refund the $47.50 but not the $99. Note that I did not receive anything from them. I called my credit company and they took the charges off and cancelled my credit card. No more signing up for anything on line no matter what their add says. I can't believe that these places get away with this. The girl who answered the phone would not provide any information and hung up on me.

• Uc
      Dec 27, 2010

I hate that so many of you have been scammed by this horrible company; but thanks to all of you and your comments here, less people will be scammed in the future and, hopefully, this devious company will eventually be caught and prosecuted for their thievery. From now on, do not trust any company who tries to charge you for your services, asks for your credit or debit information, or does not specify what your job duties would be. If any company does any of these things, avoid them as they are, without a doubt, scammers!

In this economy we cannot afford put our trust in something we are unsure of, so hang on to what little money you have and only seek legitimate employers or find something you are 100% sure will work for you.

Best wishes and good luck to everyone! :)

• Fa
      May 28, 2011

I did check with the BBB and the name that was given to me was legitimate and had an A- rating. They used a woman from Littleton, Colorado to do their dirty work for them and boy would I like to find her. I am out about $200 that they claimed would be returned to me if I wanted to cancel in the first year. I didn't expect to become a millionaire as one nasty person wrote. I just needed a few humdred dollars a month to pay the bills. I am a senior cou itizen on disability and it is very hard to get by these days. I know that these people will go to HELL for what they have done, but that does not help me buy groceries now. Fed up in Denver! I plan on filing a suit against these people and the software company who supports them. I have a friend who is an attorney. If anyone wants to join in just let me know on this [redacted] and maybe with numbers we can take them down. The firm who post their ads is Infusion Software so the more calls you give them, the better off it will be. If they are inundated with calls maybe they will think twice about supporting these people.

• Pr
      Jan 08, 2013

I purchased a packaged deal from Profit Systems online for $15, 000.00, while I was on disability and ill. They were going to set me up in an online business for my dog leash business. But they kept trying to take more money and I kept having to get with my Visa account card holder to reverse the charges. They did not deliver what they said they would. I got access to a website with a bunch of how to video's and then I had to go through THEIR attorney which was another $3, 000.00 to make everything legal. I found out later I could have paid the state $150.00 for what they gave me. The online website was a joke and my business was never marketed the way I was told it was going be marketed by them. All they did was ask for more money and no my business is no more and I owe a 17, 000+ credit card debt and I have collectors after me for the money. I am now out on full disability with no hope of being able to go back to work in any near future. I own nothing. My elderly parents have to take care of me. i have a Service Dog to warn me of my illness which has done nothing but get worse and there is no cure. And this was recommended by NBC. I have no health insurance and my car is in need of reapirs and I cannot drive it. My parents have to watch me closely as my several illnesses make it so I cannot stray from from home and I need either my Service Dog or my family with me at all times. Do not go for these people they are a rip off and just trying to get your money and they prey on the week and disabiled.