Sealand Travel / Cancel Membership

Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
This comapany sounds like a total rip-off, but unfortunately, most people don't realize what they have gotten into, until they have already signed up, like me and so many others have done. Trying to cancel sounds like a royal pain and then they don't refund 100% even in the first 3 days.
Ga

Comments

Vm
  20th of Mar, 2009
I was fooled into purchasing the platinum offer after receiving the mailer. We were told by the sales representative assigned to my husband and I during the hour long presentation at Embassy Suites that SeaLandTravel guarantees the lowest price. However, this past week I attempted to log into the member's website, and it was down (bringing up an error message). I called the SeaLandTravel agency, who then called me back (almost 48 hours after my request) and they quoted my potential trip to be $634.78. I took it upon myself to research the trip myself, which was worth the inconvenience (see below). I booked the trip myself and saved $121.08. Buyers beware!

KKTV's (news channel in Colorado Springs) interview:
Johnston responds, asking, "Have you ever used a travel agency as opposed to doing it yourself?"
I said, "Sure."
He then asks, "Is there a convenience factor in there?"
I respond, saying, "Well sure."
He then asks, "Isn't that worth something?"
Vm

5601 BRIDE STREET,SUITE 300
FT WORTH
Texas
Phone: 817-492-7138

MISREPRESENTING GIFTS, TRAVEL SAVINGS, MEMBERSHIP, CANCELLATION POLICYS.
TOTAL SCAM.

HOW CAN YOU GET OUT OF THIS CONTRACT...