Seagate / Bad service

This company advertises specials and then doesn't deliver on them, even when you have a confirmed order. They claimed the item was out of stock. They must have a very poor inventory control system or their order system isn't tied in with their inventory control system on a realtime basis. Or maybe they operate with a bait-and-switch strategy. Pretty lame for a company with a stature like Seagate. All they offered as compensation was a 10%-off code.

Don't bother ordering from Seagate's online store. And better yet, just wait for solid state disk to mature a little more instead of buying rotational disk with moving parts.

Ti

Comments

• Wi
      2nd of Feb, 2009
    Seagate/Maxtor - Incompatibility with Vista
    2301 Morris Avenue
    Birmingham
    Alabama

Seagate/Maxtor provides lousy technical support

• Bh
      20th of Feb, 2009

Respected sir,
    my name is bhaskhar. i brought a seagate sata 160gb hard drive a year ago. from last six months it was not working properly. i visited the local seagate service center located in hyderabad. it was undergone replecement for three times but still it is not working properly. i give my hard drive in the service center today morning again. they given me the id SGHYD090004712DW.
    my hard drive cannot work for more then two days even i got the replaced drive. i am using windows service pack 2 os. it cannot boot to os & when i try to install os again os setup warns that there is no hard drive connected or this disc cannot be exectable.
    where as my home pc runs properly with other hard drives.
    So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id bhaskhar.rw@gmail.com.
    thanking you.
    bhaskhar reddy

• Ha
      4th of Mar, 2009

i want to know the address of seagate service center in hyderabad, India. please tell me in my mail id: harioumsharan@gmail.com

23rd of Aug, 2009
    Seagate - services not asked for
    J.R.Alexander
    50 Bellview Cir.
    McKees Rocks
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 412-787-1985
    iname.com

I was double billed for two charges of $122.08 which I never requested. I want these charges removed from my discover card ending in 8994.
    J.R.Alexander

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS

• Ha
      15th of Nov, 2009

thanks for the site here is the latest address

SERVICE CENTER NAME :Accel Frontline Services Limited
    PHONE1 :40160706

MOBILE :9848190301

CONTACT NAME :SRINIVAS

16th of Nov, 2009

Bought a Seagate FreeAgent Go online from Seagate. Didn't work. Said I should try another mini-b USB cable. Don't have one, don't need one. And they won't reimburse. Said I could get one anywhere. Spent most of my lunch hour going to/from Radio Shack which says Seagate needs a special cable that they don't sell. Spent the last 5 minutes of my lunch hour searching and calling around. Pain in the proverbial. Should have checked this site first!!

24th of Nov, 2009

Dear Sir,
    My name is Ch. Vijay Kumar.
    I bought a Seagate 250GB a year ago and was working fine. Recently I got some problem (disc sound and bad sectors) and was unable to load OS. If loaded, system gets stuck and need to be restarted. I have give to near by local seagate service center located in hyderabad (Reference ID SGTHYD090026496DW) and I was informed that, I will get it replaced in 15 working days. After a long waiting, I got it after 20 days. When I was trying to install OS (XP), again I got the same problem (bad sectors) with new hard drive. I was really disappointed with the service. Someone say's 250GB is failure hard drive in the market. I don't know whether I got the new one or old recycled as replacement. I have given my hard drive again in the service center (ID SGTHYD090028421).

So kindly consider my request & replace me a new hard drive & send me acknowledgment to my e mail id chvijay007@gmail.com.
    Thanking you.

23rd of Dec, 2009

we have 2 new seagate hard discs which are required to be replaced as suggested by lenovo from whom we took the laptops, it amazing but we have been given numerous numbers and have been running from pillar to post but to no avail... the service sucks and there is no place where we can complain. we really need these hdd's to be replaced asap but dont know how to go about it. please advise and get us any help possible in this regard.
    anaya.diwan@ae-research.com

• Av
      20th of Jan, 2010

respacted sir /madam
    i am verry sorry for this mail .i am verry upset for u r service i am sumit my buffer modal no is :- mbi g4
    part no :-- mbi g4
    def serial no :-s11kemc31003854
    i try manny time to call him for mr sandeep (delor) accel frontline service limited ashok bhawan nehru place new delhi tel:-41808464
    sumitted date :-08-dec-2009 till date no budy give me a responce .
    these guyes alwayes give me excuse every time what i do you will plz find out this problem and call me as soon as possible .mob no is :-9650829600 avinesh kumar
    i hope you will do somthing in my favour .
    thanks

• Ji
      28th of Jan, 2010

power saplay dont run

• Da
      30th of Jan, 2010

Seagate hdd Service is very good . mahesh
    Data Recovery

You have any hard disk problems disk formatted

and password problems ? Not to worry

We are here one of the professionals in

data recovery under any condition

And any make of hard disk like Any make

of the hard disk like Seagate,

Samsung, Maxtor, Western Digital,

Toshiba and any laptop (small) hard disk
    Cal 9948238585 www.maheshcomputers.com
    CTC Shop no 181 1st floor Secunderabad

• Yo
      1st of Feb, 2010

My hard disk does not work properly.

• Av
      3rd of Feb, 2010

sir i have a problem with hard disk
    so please replace it as soon as possible
    thankyou

• Mo
      8th of Feb, 2010

installation problem

• Bh
      9th of Feb, 2010

hard disk is not working.

• Gr
      9th of Feb, 2010

please register me

• La
      10th of Feb, 2010

my harddisk not supporting any os

• La
      10th of Feb, 2010

please replace it

• Li
      16th of Feb, 2010
    Seagate - It does not detect
    RSG INFOTECH PVT. LTD.
    India

We have received an customer's (Top position)

Seagate hard drive 1000gb for an replacement. The hard drive does not detect.

Serial no. 9qj1cg4s and part no. 9ca158 - 303.

We would like to log a complaint and register the same.

Kindly send us the complaint no. As to forward the hard drive to your service center (Accel frontline services pvt. Ltd.)