SeafoodPoor Quality, Condescending Service

I have been a customer of Linton's Seafood for 10 years. I order from them about once a year or so...sometimes less, sometimes more. For Christmas this year I ordered 10 pounds of Snow Crab legs and five pounds of what was supposed to be "FRESH" colossal shrimp (fresh not frozen) as advertised on their website. The crab was appx 125$ and the shrimp was appx 125$ using FedEx next day express shipping for another 90$ for a total cost of right around 300$. We couldn't wait to receive this treat for the holidays. As expected the order was shipped on the 23rd of December and arrived promptly the evening or the 24th. We live in WY and were experiencing another polar vortex with temps well below zero so it was impossible for any kind of spoilage. In fact this is the best time of year to order food online. We began opening and unpacking what we thought would be the same high quality we had come to expect from Linton's...but wow! What a disappointment. There were two 5 pound bags of snow crab legs broken into dozens of pieces BEFORE packing. I have ordered enough crab online to know the difference between shipping damage and poor product. And on the bottom of the crab there was the "FRESH" shrimp...a five pound block of ice with shrimp in it. We were so disappointed to see all of this, but were hopeful that the flavor would make up for it...boy were we wrong.

The day of the feast we gently steamed the crab to serve with butter. The crab was tough and salty and terrible. The shrimp was thawed gently under running ice cold filtered water to make shrimp scampi...after just a few minutes we could smell the stench of dead fish...a sure sign of poor quality shrimp...and possibly spoiled shrimp.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Crisfield, MD We peeled and deveined the shrimp and easily threw away at least a pound of mushy, nasty shrimp and proceeded to prepare the scampi. We bake our scampi and as soon as the shrimp began to heat up the stench of dead fish filled the house. And then, when done...we took our chances and tasted the shrimp...OMG...iodine flavored, nasty fishy shrimp. They were no good. Everything got thrown away.

Needless to say, the first thing on my list after the holiday was to contact Linton's customer service. I sent them an email describing the above experience. I believe it was the next day I received a voice mail message 5 minutes long from Harvey Linton giving every excuse in the book and pretty much blaming me for the entire experience! He even went as far as telling me I didn't pay what I did for the shrimp! I sat dumbfounded as I listened to the voicemail. He offered to pay for me to send the shrimp back so they could send them to a lab to be tested! What? I have never heard of such a thing. It was obvious listening to this voicemail that he didn't trust a 10 year veteran customer and wasn't going to do a thing to fix the problem. Instead, what he did was lose a loyal customer and I will be sure to spread the word to stay far away from Linton's Seafood to everyone I know. If a business owner is unwilling to trust his good customers and is unwilling to make things right it us usually an indication that they are trying to hide something. I will never do business with them again and I warn everyone to "order at your own risk.". I am saddened by an experience like this with a company that has been in business for over 50 years. I expected more...and got much less...in fact, I got nothing

Rd