SCS Health Products / Barry Folgers, Inc. / Billed for product not ordered

1 /314 Dania Beach Blvd., Ste. 117, Dania Beach, FL 33004Dania Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

On July 15 I ordered a free 1-month trial of resveratrol-utra. I would be billed $.99 for shipping and handling of the product and if I didn't want to continue with the product I had to call them within 14 days of ordering. I did not have to return the product to them. On July 17 I received a call from them to confirm my order. They told me that they would include a free sample of B-LABS CREAM with my order. I told them that I wanted to know how I could be sure that my order was correctly taken and they said that they recorded our conversation for a record of the order. On July 20 my account was billed separately $.99 for the shipping and $49.95 for the B-Labs cream, which I was told was added free to the order. I called them on July 21 to say that I did not order the cream and that I was told it would be sent free with the resveratrol-utra rder. They said that "their records" showed that I ordered it on July 17. I told tham I did not and asked to speak to the Supervisor. He repeated the same thing. I asked for evidence of my ordering it and he told me "their records showed it" - He said that I should wait until I receive it, then return the cream to them and they would reimburse my account. I told them I wanted my money back now and they refused. This is indeed a scam. I believe that these people are in India as they all spoke with an Indian accent. Their owner (Barry Folgers) was on travel and couldn't be reached and they were not allowed to give me the name of the VP or anyone above this Supervisor. I don't know whether to close my account so that they can't charge me more or wait until they reimburse me (if ever). I haven't received the products yet.

Je

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Sometime in June 2009, I was solicited for a trial offer of the weight loss berry product for 99 cents. I order it and gave them my credit card number but never heard anything or received anything. Then last week, the week of July 14, 2009, I received a 99 cent charge to my account so I figured the merchandise was on its -NOPE. Then, today my account is hit for $87.00. I have never received the "trial" product. I can't imagine being any good because this company is running a scam.

• Co
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Sometime in late June or early July 2009, I responded to an email solicitation for some berry weight loss product, trial for 99 cents. I never received the product. Last week the 99 cent charge posted to my account, however, I still have not received the product. This week the company charged my account for $87.00 plus, but I still have not received the product. When I called the number that finally posted to my account, the lady stated that in order to get the monies reversed off my account, I needed to return the bottle --- the bottle I have never received. The company is unethical. I cannot think that the product would be any good when the company itself is running a SHAM-SCAM

22nd of Jul, 2009

I responded to an add on AOL for a free trial of Acai ( weight loss pills) but all I had to pay was the shipping.
    It was $2.99, I got the bottle by mail, but with no receipt.
    I thought nothing of this until 15 days later my account was charged $87.00.
    I called them, and was told that I had a free trial period for 14 days, but If I didn't call to cancel I would get the fee.I was shocked... $87 dollars for 1 BOTTLE????????!!!

I was practically crying to the lady that this charged caused my account into the negative. I work 12 hours a day ( 2 jobs) and if she could please see about reversing the charge BC I was only 1 day out of the time frame. She said if I sent the bottle back even though it was half full I would receive my full refund. I sent the bottle back USPS to a Hollywood, FL P.O. Box on July 8. I confirmed the delivery thru the tracking # on July 10, 2009. I have called them 1-800-220-9825 about 4 or 5 times since and they are obviously in India, but swear they are in Florida say they have to confirm the return with the shipping department.
    Today, July 22, 2009 I called again, and was told to now "fax" my receipt or tracking # to a "Ray Johnston" I also demanded to speak to someone in the so called "shipping dpt" but " Heather" said I could either deal with her and her only or call back. I told her it was the biggest scam ever, and I was tempted to drive to their office being that I am in Orlando. I asked her how far from her "office" that was and she said she doesn't know where Orlando is. OMG... are you kidding me I thought, who that really lives in Florida does not know where Disney World is. Now I have to fax and wait 5 days to get my refund, which I doubt I will never see. Please do not get sucked into this scam...

• Jl
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I had a similar experience with the "free trial" of Acai. I was charged for the product $87.70 plus shipping and handling plus $83 for another shipment of the product which I did not order. I cancelled my account and am filing a complaint with attorney general's off ice in my state. I will also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I hope that you will all do the same.

• Mj
      24th of Jul, 2009

I also was charged for a "Free" trail of resveratrol-ultra. I sent for it being there was a discussion on Yahoo with some TV personalities that tried it and recommended it. I can't believe the web site would put something on it that was a scam, which this was completely. They didn't even give us 15 days to cancel. When I said this they just gave me a run around. I did not authorize this purchase and I am filling out paperwork with my bank not to honor the payment.

• Uc
      26th of Jul, 2009

I posted a comment here stating I had contacted the FBI due to this seeming to be an interstate scam operation. I do not see my comment here today. Odd. Also, unable to find this company by either name through BBB for Fl. Again, odd since comments I read complained about the BBB saying they had had tons of similar complaints and had made over 3000 phone calls to no avail. I will be interested if I see my comment on this page.

• Ba
      27th of Jul, 2009

I am currently writing a letter to report this company as a scam. I had the same experience as everyone else...and no response from the company.
    Something has to be done about this type of activity!!!

• Md
      27th of Jul, 2009

I received the same bogus charges and never received any Acai product. I spoke with Arnell at 2:00 pm MST 6/27/09 and he said I needed to return the product to 3007 Greene St. Hollywood, FL 33020. He spoke with an Indian accent and said he worked for Barry Folgers, Inc.

Cnacelled my card and submitted a dispute through my bank.

• Md
      27th of Jul, 2009

They produced 2 email accounts for me that I don't recognize. I've never had that yahoo account and never had an SBCGlobal email address.

• Fe
      28th of Jul, 2009

in have also had money taken out of my account which i cant get back for who knows how long i didnt get product from them at all and i got the run around on the phone i spoke with two different people one named lula at A-105 and dean gomez who both told me they were the only person i could talk to unless i called back i would like to thank whoever started this because when i typed in barry folgers inc. it brought me to this page and it's good to know i'm not alone in this i am so sorry it happened to ya'll hopefully we can all get our money back and stop others from this same problem Feelingfroggy2day@gmail.com Amber

• Kb
      28th of Jul, 2009

Same here. The same run-around, same Indian accents, had to send bottle back to same Green St address, "check your email for a notification". I turned the Resveretrol company in to the BBB in Utah, that got my money refunded from them. I will attempt to do the same here. Never again! I did get the Barry Folgers, Inc name & a town of Dania Beach FL but like to never got that much out of the woman.

• Dc
      30th of Jul, 2009

I had the same experience as the ones above. I ordered the product on July 16. On July 17 I got a call to confirm my order - but the shipping charge was higher. I told them my order was correct online and if they did not have it right to cancel my order. I received the Resveratrol on July 29 . I called this morning to find out about the 15 day trial and they said it was from the original delivery date. I tracked it on UPS and is showed it shipped on July 27. When I called the numbers I had I did get a person but they said that my trial period had expired and that I would be charged for this shipment. I immediately called my charge company and they had charged my account this morning. I filed a claim with my credit card company this morning. I made another call to Resveratrol Ultra and got a different person. This one gave me a return number. I do not know if they really cancelled my order but I know I got scammed because I did not bet my shipment until the trial period expired.

• Re
      3rd of Aug, 2009

On Jul 5th accepted the ordering of the note:15 DAY TRIAL for ACAI BERRY, BARRY FOLGERS, INC., The product was shipped out on JUL 17th. The 5th to the 17th is 13 days! My question is: how can a person engage in the FREE TRIAL of 15 DAYS when you do not have the product to try! (duuuuh) On the 22nd my acct was charged the full price of 87.13. IF THIS COMPANY WAS LEGITE THEY WOULD START THE 15 DAY FREE TRIAL AFTER THEY HAVE CONFIRMED THE PRODUCT WAS DELIVERED, THEN THEY SHOULD START COUNTING THE 15 DAYS AND ONLY THEN IF THEY DO NOT HEAR FROM THE PERSON WHO ORDERED, THEN AND ONLY THEN CHARGE THE BANK ACCT. Product was amazingly received on jULY 26th, Please note I did NOT open the package, but immediately took it to UPS for a return. Also any and everyone please contact your bank and cancel the bank acct number given at order time, and have your bank re-issue you a new card number!! FROM NOW ON PLEASE NOTE I WILL THOROUGHLY READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE ORDERING ON LINE!! WE ARE IN A RECESSION AND COMPANIES ARE CROOKED BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN IMAGINE! THEY SHOULD NOT DEAL TREACHEROUSLY WITH INDIVIDUALS BANKING ACCTS, THIS IS A PERSONS LIVELY HOOD!

AND YES I THOROUGHLY AGREE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE NOT IN THE UNITED STATES, I TRULY BELIEVE THEY ARE INTERNATIONAL IN INDIA IN THE SAND WITH ASHEY FEET!

• Jc
      5th of Aug, 2009

OMG, I have been on hold for over an hour speaking to one person and being transfered to a "Supervisor". Same story as all the others. But this is my 2nd call. I was charged two $80+ charges and actually got a refund on one of them. They gave me two RETURN #'s and said I would get credited for both bottles returned (the trial bottle and the 1st plan bottle). I am now getting the same run around as my first call (they have their script down pat, good dishonest training). I will sit on hold as long as this annoying music keeps playing...I am not giving up on my $80 that easy. Thanks for the hints on how to proceed with a formal complain and hopefully my money back. They can keep the $5 or $6 spent on shipping. I thought I was smarter than this, LESSON LEARNED! Hope you idiots at Barry Foldgers, Inc. are reading this, you are ###!

• Ju
      7th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree that this is a scam. I ordered the free trial of colon zen, which I never received, and exactly 15 days later, they charged my credit card $87.13. Of course I got a return auth. number to return it for a full refund, but as others have posted, how can you return something you never received? I just called back and got the tracking # and told them I will contact Richard Blumenthal, our Attorney General in CT. I would highly suggest others contact their state's Attorney Generals as well.

• Ms
      10th of Aug, 2009

I ordered my free trial products on August 1, 2009. I was billed $0.99 times 2 on my account. They also took $0.02 times 2 under ATM Fee which is not correct. Today is August 10, 2009, my shipment still has not been sent and I am canceling the account today for no shipment. I have tried to talk to a supervisor and was refused by 3 customer service people - 1) Marion - A-102, 2) Ben - A147 3) Liez - A183. They refuse to give me to the owner of the company which is Barry Folgers of SCS Health Products and I was told they are located at 314 E. Dania Beach Blvd. Suite #117, Danai Beach, Florida 33004. I am going to contact the FBI and file a complaint as well as my bank regarding this issue. This is a scam and they are taking money from people and not shipping the product. I was ensured I would receive the product on August 5, 2009 via UPS. I printed everything when I was ordering. Marlena, Indiana

• Se
      11th of Aug, 2009

Same experience as all others. One thing I did was believe them when they gave me my return # on a product I had not received yet and was told to ship the product back return to sender and they would credit my account. Put the return # given to me on the package and they would credit my account. I received the product a few hour later and immediately sent it back. I called after 1 week of returning the product and did not see a credit on my account was on hold for 20 minutes and was told they do not accept return to sender packages. I was outraged. I asked what happens to the package they said they really did not know. I hung up and called my local post office. They said I should call the shipping address post office which I did. Hollywood Fla. They said they would have sent the pakg to the dead letter office in Atlanta. I called that office. They said they would destroy the pkg. No way to get it back. I called my bank and now in the process of filing a dispute. I am filing a complaint with the attorney general now. I may be out 87.16.
    Life lesson learned but if there is any way to save others from this scam or get it shut down I am going to try. THIS IS A SCAM!!! A BIG ONE!! I cacelled my card and I am being issued a new one. New # Bank said best to do.

• Je
      11th of Aug, 2009

WE AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY! THIS IS FRAUD !!!

• Mj
      11th of Aug, 2009

This is just totally a SCAM! I spent almost an hour on the phone today either on hold or with someone who does not speak good English and all I got was BS! I finally got a name and address out of her but from reading all the previous comments this will no doubt do no good. Guess this is "lesson learned".

12th of Aug, 2009

I ordered the acai berry product and was told that I would receive it on July 4, 2009. I did not receive the product until days later. I cancelled the product and was billed on my credit card the $ 0.99 shipping plus a cross border assessment as well as the $ 87.13 plus $ 0.70 cross border assessment. I called the company several times to no avail. I finally resorted to live chat and was given the run around. I threatened to notify the Better Business Burea, Unoted States Attorney General's Office and my state's Attorney General's Office. I am going ahead with filing the complaints because they are using the BAit & Switch Tactic which is illegal in the United States. I suggest that everyone with a problem should file a complaint with the same agencies. ### on line is not going to accomplish anything. Also dispute the charge with your credit card company. The more complaints received to these agencies the better our chances of having our money refunded. Good Luck to all.