Scribd / regarding scribd free trial subscription
On 16th November, I went to Scribd site, and I was offered a free trial subscription for one month. I was asked to put my VISA card details, and it was also assured that nothing will be deducted from my card during the Trial period, provided I cancel the subscription anytime before the expiry of the trial period. Based on the commitment I decided to provide my card details to avail the free subscription. As soon as I submitted the request my card got charged with the full subscription money for one month.
I really feel like got cheated here. If you are charging from the very first month itself, and there is no trial period, then why are you making false commitment to your customers.
I went to the Scribd customer support site and lodged a complaint also. My support ticket number is #1240182. They were supposed to get back with a written revert within one working day.
But I did not receive any revert from their side. This is purely cheating and absolutely unethical from a reputed site like Scribd.
I hope based on this complaint I get my money back.
More Scribd Complaints & Reviews
- Scribd - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Scribd Inc San Francisco CA - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Scribd.com - charged unknowingly for free trial 
- Scribd - unauthorized credit card debits 
- Scribd - wasn't able to cancel my account and they also stole my money 
- Scribd - scribd debited 10.66$ without any reason, permission 
- Scribd - scribd forcing your company into my private space, requesting my personal info without any request whatsoever from my side
- Scribd - scribd has become a joke! 
- Scribd - I am complaining about the charges taken for my monthly subscription.
- Scribd - charging without authorization