Scottsdale Future and Options LTD / Possible Scam

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Possible new Scam, maybe CES futures is back behind a new mask?

The other day I was called by a company from Great Brittain, Scottsdale Futures and Options ltd. What made me listen carefully was that it was exactly the same as our "good" friends from CES Futures but now they wanted me to invest in Unleded Gasoline.

Scottsdale Futures was trading at London Global and futures exchange who was controlled by UK Future and Options commission. So far it sound great...if I havent heared and experienced CES Futures. Following is my leads that it is a scam:

1. Search for either Scottsdale, London Global Futures exchange and or Uk Future and option commisson on google and the result is that 1 hit on each and its linked to eachother...isnt it strange that a huge Exchange only have one 1 hit and is only linked to Scottsdale??

2. www.scottsdalefutures.com and www.londonglobalfutures.com are registred Feb 8 and Feb 9 2009 at the same "cheap" webhost in USA...isnt that strange??

3. As mentioned before I cannot find any information about London Global Futures Exchange or UK Future Option commission.

4. Wanted to see how their invoice looked like and made a purchase of 10 contracts Unleded Gasoline and on it you can not see that its going to London Global Futures or something similar. By the way, I didnt actually transfer the money :)

5. Talked to representative about all above who got very stressed and gave me some strange explaination and promised me a email from them explaining it all...it havent arrived yet.

The whole set is so familiar with CES Futures so it keeps me wondering if it is the same guys who are behind this.

I havent done any real purchase or transfered any money so I cant be 100 % it is a scam, BUT it sure looks like it!!

Please forward this to anyone who might be in jeopordy, I will also make a new thread about this.

Take care All.

Kl

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for this warning.
    I was called today by this company. I think they got my phonenumber from the website www made-in-china dot com where I registered my business some time ago. They also wanted me to invest in unleaded gasoline. They set you up like this: First a woman calls, named Patricia, I forgot the last name. Nice story that they know the price of gas will go up etcetera. Show you their website and tell you they only charge 1% on your profits as a commission. First they try to sell you a minimum of 10 contracts of $1008 each. As this is the minimum they work with. If your hesitant they say 1 or 2 contracts is possible for new clients. Later through a call by David Tyler from London Global Futures exchange they let you know that 3 contracts worth $3024 is the minimum. All the calls were made anonymous, which was a bit alarming. And it sounded a bit to good to be true. So decided to google and found this.
    So thank you Klas.

I am glad I did not make the payment...
    They will call me back tomorrow and then I'll confront them with this.

• Ze
      13th of Mar, 2009

They also called me today!
    I got an anonymous call from Mrs. Amanda Brown, to arrange another call.
    made-in-china dot com seems to be their source of information, since I also registered there a few weeks ago!
    Thanks Klas!

13th of Mar, 2009

They called me also in Italy.

We agreed on 5 option on United gasoline abroud 4.000 euro, I sign the contract but I didn't send the money.

Account name was Wall Street Banking Corporation, indicate further credit to Everest Managment Holdings Ltd A/c no. 12685.
    No notice on my account name or number.

Everest Management ... ( OBNR indicate also as offshore business )

I'm not sure if a scam or not ... but be advised.

14th of Mar, 2009

You can be pretty sure it is a scam. I strongly advise you not to send any money to these people under any circumstances.
    There is a genuine Scottsdale company in London. I called them and they don't have anything to do with this.
    Moreover the ponenumber the fake company gave me does not work. And they make all their calls anonymous. Complemented with the information Klas provided I am 100% sure it is a scam and contacted the FSA and London police.
    They are a so called 'boiler room'. More information here: http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/news/scams/share_scams.html
    or search wikipedia or google of course.
    If they tried to scam you I think you should report to the FSA and London police also. Here you can report it to the police: http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/CityPolice/ECD/Fraud/boilerroom.htm

Chances are they are related to the CES furuters case, that Klas mentioned.
    As you can read here:
    some people lost significant amounts of money in that case. So it is important they get caught and maybe this is a new lead to them.
    About the CES futures case I found this at the dutch version of the FSA:

Name: CES Futures Brokerage Co. Ltd.
    Type of Scam: Unlicensed Entities
    Address(es): 6 Austin Road, Tsimshatsui
    Kowloon, Hong Kong

So it is possible these people operate from Hong Kong, (hence made-in-china dot com relation?). But is far from sure.
    According to Klas the scottsdalefutures and londonglobalfutures website are registered at a US domain registerar. If you lost any money on this you might take legal actions and contact them as they may have information that leads to the scammers.
    As I did not loose money I don't take further actions at this moment. If however any of my personal information is used in their future activities and I find out I will make sure they will regret it.
    If they scammed people I hope police catches them and they end up in jail.

15th of Mar, 2009

After I send them some facts I didn't hear from them anymore. Sure it's a fraud, I will fill in the report as well.
    Thanks for your posting.

15th of Mar, 2009

Moreover to build their credibility they invended also UK Future Option commission www.ukfoc.com (as well registered on February 2009).

I have also another phone they gave me: +44 20 8625 4624 from David J. Tyler, Head of Compliace and Allocations Dept. that I supposed to provide him the transfer confirmation number.

Hope this help other people.
    Ciao

• Nm
      20th of Mar, 2009

i also got a call for the same services. as i understand that there is a 'real' Scottsdate and there may be a bogus one at the same time. the ones that called me seemed real to me, of course im not 100% sure. got a call and email from glenda. she says they are a 7 year old company. their tel no is 44203 0261 592. she said she is aware of this scam and their legal dept is checking it out. im not sure if i should go ahead or not.

• Be
      24th of Mar, 2009

I think it is a scam.
    I was first contacted by Ms.Linda Jones ( ljones@scottsdalefutures.com)
    They claim to open an account for me without even asking for any identification. They only asked me to sign a form.
    Although I told them 3 times that I leave in Greece they seem to believe I was in France.

After that, they call and guide me through their web site which has nothing to look similar to a traders back office.
    Moreover they were supposed to tell me about dangers and risks of investing but they made it look like a sure bet.
    Even the second person that called me Mr. William Gorbin told me to buy the same product as Scottsdale.
    They gave me the phone number +442086254624

The last step was to ask me to make the payment to another company because the first company "has no right to handle client’s funds".

They contacted me with the following email:

DEAR SIR:

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED BILLING STATEMENT FOR YOUR COMPLIANCE.

AS ISSUED BY THE LONDON GLOBAL FUTURES AND OPTIONS EXCHANGE.

FOR CLARIFICATION PLEASE CALL +44 20 3026 1592 OR EMAIL
    clientservices@scottsdalefutures.com

The pdf with the bill stated the following bank accounts to transfer the funds:

Bank Name: BANK OF INDIA
    Intermediary Bank: CITIBANK NA, New York
    Swift Code: CITIUS33
    For Transfer Details Please Indicate:
    Further Credit to EVEREST MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS LTD., A/C No. 12685

Another strange thing is they were very interested to know if I will send the money through the internet or I will go to the bank? Why do you think???

• Lo
      3rd of Apr, 2009

My name is Louis I also was contacted by a person by the name of Robert Mckenzie from scottsdale futures and options ltd., he gave me info. on the fall of unleaded gasoline to $1, 15 on February and a rise to $1.37, so I send them money and for the first time I played the stock market it was fun actually but because of a mistake on the bank clerk here in Greece the money came back to me... very lucky!! But these people predicted exactly what would happen, they were right on the nose. The phones after that did not work and I could not get a hold of anyone. So because of them I signed up with a bigger company I had found and a well known firm at that in the U.S. and used their info. to make real money, their advice as con artists are probably true so instead of sending them any money now i fish for inside information to make real money.

• Mo
      11th of Jun, 2009

they call me as well in Saudi Arabia and I thought it is also a fraud. So, I did not send them the money and thanks to Klas because I read his message about this scam and decided not to make this risk... Good luck all...
    Mohammed

27th of Jul, 2009

They scammed this guy, Habeeb, out of a significant amount of money as he writes here:

Be warned and never do business with these crooks!