Scott Mackey of Mackeyre.com / Fraud and Cheat

1 Nevada County, CA, United States Review updated:

This guy is a plain cheat! He had me working for him as his Virtual Assistant for 2 full months and did not pay me... We got screwed up at home with our expenses and he never even bothered to answer emails or correspondence.

I advise you guys not to trust this person and not to patronize his businesses at his websites www.mackeyre.com, www.sellsmartmackey.com, www.mackeyhomes.com

If he can cheat me over a small sum of money, what more can this guy do to you buying real estate from him.

He is a selfish man and very irresponsible!

Comments

30th of Apr, 2008

I agree with the comment above. I had worked with Scott for a couple of months, also. When I first started as a freelance data entry/researcher, he was very easy to get ahold of and was able to supply steady work. He was also extremely nice and easy to get along with. But toward the end of the second month, he was harder and harder to stay in contact with and when he did correspond it was with very short, almost cryptic emails that left a lot to be desired in the instruction of projects that he wanted done.

He had a lot going and not enough time to get to everything that needed his attention, and he wasn't able to spread himself around to everything that did need his attention.

If you are going to be working for Scott, just be careful and make sure that you keep tabs on what is owed to you for work done. I wasn't paid for two weeks worth of work, myself.

• Rb
      5th of May, 2008

I definitely agree! this guy had me work his sites and then not pay up.. please be vary of any business related to Scott Mackey which includes mackeyre.com, sellsmartmackey.com and mackeyhomes.com.

Please avoid scott mackey.

• Ra
      28th of May, 2008

I too did some work for Scott for about 2 months. I redesigned two of his websites (none of which are listed by fellow complaintees) at an agreed price WAY below a standard web design rate ($7/hour). I agreed to do it at this rate for a trial period of time (1 week) to let him see how well we worked together. I was promised a rate increase after that period of time, and he also promised me that he would give me a bonus every time he sold a house.

He kept stalling on the fee increase/bonuses and stupidly I kept letting him dick me around for an extra month or so. He was horrible at communicating, like others have said half the time I did not understand what he was asking. I had to explain things to him a million times and he would still continue to ask the same question. I had access to many of his online accounts out of necessity (web hosting, paypal, etc) and being the organized person I am, I kept all passwords and usernames on a spreadsheet. Scott would constantly ask me for HIS OWN passwords since he never knew what they were.

He would flirt with me, which was extremely uncomfortable to the point of which I wondered to myself if it's considered sexual harassment when you're working with somebody over the Internet.

I could probably go on, but I won't.