Scott Air Technology Inc. / Bad business practices

1 9556 Old Kings Rd.Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (904) 634-0901

NEVER EVER USE SCOTT AIR! Subcontracted by builder, installed faulty equipment, called out 4 times in less than a year, tried to sell extended warranty when original was still in effect. Claimed I needed coils cleaned, (for $300). Said "a little dirty" then "completely covered in soil" until tech figured out it was still under warranty then claimed it needed another "valve". Tech who came out to replace valve (second one), he said the compressor was going out, which is what I suspected from the beginning, would order another one. 3 weeks later (today) I called and was verbally assaulted by "forrest tucker" who claimed it was out of warranty, I'd have to pay labor. He claimed builder never returned phone calls, it may take "a few days" to get call back from builder. I called builder (Pennyworth) who called Scott Air the same day. Builder says "Forrest" told him I yelled at him (other way around), that I "threw tech out of my yard" Whatever!

Scott guy told builder that he had to get a carrier rep to come over to confirm the problem. I called Carrier because this seemed fishy. He totally lied. Carrier Co. said they NEVER do that. Builder sent their contract with scott to "forrest", LUCKY for me (I hope), The builder is going to help me get this issue resolved... I'm holding my breath that it doesn't go out completely before Scott gets done stalling and lying.

HEED MY ADVICE, SCOTT AIR IS (in my opinion) CORRUPT and Forrest needs his Prozac increased (No, I don't have any idea whether he's on prozac or not). Run Far Fast, or be ready to part with a small fortune if Scott Air is in your driveway!

Bl

Comments

• Bl
      17th of Jul, 2008

UPDATE: Forrest brought a Carrier rep who (see if you can guess) said the hideous noise was not the compressor going out, that it was the "builder's grade" =bottom line model, noise was not abnormal (uh huh).
    Well Surprise surprise... Remember they were going to replace it as long as I PAY LABOR. (un huh).
    So, even though the scott air Tech determined that it needed to be replaced and spoke with Forrest on the phone right in front of me... Now, there's nothing wrong with it. Call me a dreamer but I was hoping they wouldn't try to weasel out of the repair.
    What's more, he "suggested" that I buy a "maintenance plan" for Scott Air to come out once a month (I think) to check the system and clean the coil w/a brush (which will send allergens & dust all through my house I bet).
    Incidentally, the tech that tried to get me to pay for a coil clean before said that he'd have to remove the coil and clean it with a solvent (an additional charge as it's not covered under the maintenance plan).
    The Carrier rep said that if I have a maintenance plan, he could get a compressor at no cost to me, for up to 2 years past the warranty end date. (uh huh). I wonder if he was getting paid in some way for siding with Scott Air?
    Forrest was not rude at all when he came to the house this time or when he called me to schedule a tech to come next week to change a duct in 1 room. I appreciated that, however, he made a comment about this complaint, but thoght it was at the BBB site, that he had not seen it, his office told him I said he needed prozac.
    I think that his comment was out of line, he should not have brought it up at all, considering that he has no proof that I was the one who wrote it. (Now that I've said that, he does). I'm not bitter though. I make no apologies for voicing my opinion.
    I checked with several retailers of my A/C model as well as a friend with the exact same model. NONE of them make a loud clanking noise like mine.
    I am not convinced that the compressor is going out and when it does go out, I know that Scott Air will pull this crap and try to make me pay the labor but I will NEVER buy another Carrier product, ever.
    As for Scott Air, at this point I stand by my previous conclusion that they have not honored their warranty and although I truly appreciate the vast improvement in communication, I believe that they have conducted their business with me in an unscrupulous, manipulative and unethical manner.
    Wish me luck with my builder, it's up to them to do the right thing at this point.
    If they don't, they (and Scott Air) are in for a bumpy ride.
    My recommendation stands... If Scott Air knocks on your door, RUN AWAY!
    Sorry Forrest, I take back the Prozac comment. You know what's right and it's not too late to redeem yourself. We both know that there's something really wrong with the unit. Do the right thing.