ScooterTronics / Horrible service

1 1936 Liberty RdWaldorf Sykesville, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-549-1991

My girlfriend and I each placed an order for a scooter helmet with ScooterTronics (http://store.scootertronics.com/info.html) on June 17th. It was supposedly shipped on June 17th or 18th, and as of July 2nd, we have still received nothing. I live in DC and the company is based in Maryland. It makes no sense why it would ever take this long to get to me.

Each time we have called, the person answering the phone has either been extremely rude (I called at 10am once and the guy picked up the phone and said he just got there and didn't know anything about my order, and basically hung up) or has not been able to provide any information. They are constantly saying they are waiting to hear back from people regarding the orders, their system is down, etc. and that they will get back to me, but never do.

When I asked if I could cancel my order, I was told they would have to find out if it was shipped... and even then, the woman (Mary) was new with the helmets and didn't know the cancellation policy.

A general word to the wise to NEVER shop with Scootertronics and pass the word on to anyone you know interested in Scooter accessories.

Ja

Comments

25th of Jun, 2008

Extremely rude. I asked him a question regarding an order listed as processing and he started screaming at me. I asked him to cancel my order. Then he said the parts had shipped but he couldn't be expected to notify customers when he shipped parts. He also could not provide a tracking number. Then hung up on me. I had to call him back. He charged my card any way. This was yesterday and still the order is listed as processing.

Wish I would have googled the company and checked the BBB record prior to placing my order. Apparently this is the way this company operates.

Also look at their Merchant reviews on yahoo.

3rd of Jul, 2008

Yes we did miss a BO for this customers order. The whole gas crisis and the way things are in the US and China right now its very hard to keep up with demand and this reminds us we are human and make mistakes also. The whole scooter industry is feeling the pinch. We did refund her money no problem.

• Al
      9th of Jul, 2008

They are the worse company I have ever dealt with ! They did the samething to me ! I ordered performace parts for my scooter and it was almost $400 and they charged my debt card without even sending the parts ! Long story short I called my bank and they took care of it but that guy who works there is a dork, just yell at him back ! Govt should shut them down !

• Al
      9th of Jul, 2008

It's a shame because I had a lot more shopping to do but NEVER agian with the company ! They could give me the parts for free and I wouldnt take them ! It's sad, VERY SAD !

• Th
      16th of Jul, 2008

Yes, Michael can be rude from time to time. Maybe because he is feed up with all of the customer complaints. I had a bad experience with them also. The scooter that came was damaged and dropped and when I sent it back, they said I could have fixed it myself? No way, I ordered a new scooter and deserve a new one. When the second shipment came around, it was not from their shop, but some other store based in California. I ended getting a purple scooter instead of the blue one I ordered. On top of that after a week of riding it, the brake disc came off and completely ###ed everything else up.

However, in the end, Michael was pretty helpful on getting the parts I needed, but I just wish the whole experience did not involve alot of yelling and hassle on both parties.

• Ms
      28th of Jul, 2008

Michael Milsted has stolen services from my company. I had an employee go and work for Michael at Scootertronics. He has refused to pay for 3 weeks that she has worked for him. I have sent him her signed time sheets, by him, invoices and his contract.

He yelled at me on the phone because I told him I was going to collect on this debt. He has ignored my call to the shop, his cell, letters, invoices, voicemails, text messages.

So far he has stolen services from my company for over $900 and counting.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!

6th of Aug, 2008

The young lady who says we did not pay our bills is wrong. We paid her over 1100 hundred dollars and this person is excepting us to pay for time we did not use, her own lawyer told us not to worry it is not your fault they have books wrong and were paid in full from all invoices.

6th of Aug, 2008

Alek, was never charged any amount on his credit card. He ordered parts and when we said we were out of stock of some parts and would he like some different ones he canceled. We never submitted a batch and he got his money back on his card in 3 days with no involment from his credit card company. Scootertronics sells hard to get parts for chinese scooters that people buy on the internet from someone who works at thier home and offers no parts and then they call us and blame us for not helping them fast enough. 2008 has brought a gas crisis and people buying junk scooters from others and get mad when we can not help them.

6th of Aug, 2008

The helmets the gentleman were completely sold out and yes it took us several tries to find out what we could get instead of the ones they ordered because they asked us to so I worked hard to find some for them but were unable to. 2008 gas crisis has got so many people buying everything scooter related and things are selling out fast and not being restocked fast enough. To say we ripped anybody off is untrue and a completely false statement. In todays day everyone wants everything overnight, in a market where its even hard to get product this does not happen and its all because of the cheap price we were selling the helmets for, plus we offer free shipping so we get customers who want everything for free today. If you advertise low prices and free shipping you get this type of customers who only buy on price alone and always want it for free. Service cost money and good products cost money. We sell a high value line of Givi products and never get one complaint because customers who buy these products understand you get what you pay for and if you are not paying for it you do not get it.

scootertronics.com

• Je
      18th of Aug, 2008

Michael,
    IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. I have run retail for 30 years and the complaints are part of the deal. I called there to ask about parts and y'all were rude as hell. Because someone does not know as much about these things as you does not give you the right to be a sanctimonious ###. Thank God I found these posts before I gave you a card number. Keep it up! You will have a bunch of scooters to ride and NO CUSTOMERS. We don't have to put up with ### to buy something. Ebay has you beat on the prices anyway.

12th of Nov, 2008

Just as with all companies try looking at Best Buy or Walmart alot more complaints then scootertronics gets. You just can not please everyone. The main thing that happens is people buy a scooter from someone else and can not get any service or the company shut down and get mad at us when we can not help their problem with the scooter they bought somewhere else. If they outcome was what all these claim we wouild have been shut down by Visa/MC in a second but sense they all never were charged nothing happens.

The prue fact that I answer complaints shows I do follow up. The chinese scooter market is not easy as with any business in this economey.

Michael

12th of Nov, 2008

Customer canceled day after he ordered and it takes x amount of days to refund a card customer thinks it takes a second it takes a full three days, he got his money we paid all fees we lost not customer.

Find one company with no complaints its impossible becuase you can not please everyone all the time.

michael

• Sk
      14th of Nov, 2008

you say you follow up but let me say this you and your scootertronics suck parts or good but you all suck

• Sk
      15th of Nov, 2008

Look my friend if you have some sort of problem try asking us and letting us know instead of hidding behind this forum. Thats right I am following up and finding out what your problem is or are you just a problem. You have to remember what ever you put out is what you get back and since you have been so negative the whole time thats what you get back.

Michael
    scootertronics my problem is with scootertronics the people yes i got the parts and i thank you not piss off about that but what i am piss off about your ###ing so called company you talk to me and my wife and son like ### like you are god and i am no ###n good by the way you have the nevr to say(((( (You have to remember what ever you put out is what you get back and since you have been so negative the whole time thats what you get back)))))) i was very nice on the phone so dont ever ###n say i was negative at frist i dont have to hide like you and your company all i wont is a sorry thats all

• Pi
      18th of Nov, 2008

Worthless customer service, they DO NOT return calls or email inquiries, but they are quick to take your money... I had to harangue them about my order status for 3 weeks, no one seemed to know what was going on. The office help is in "la la land" & Mr Milstead is as RUDE as they come, with no straight answers to questions, just rhetoric. After reading all the flames here, it seems that I was lucky to get my order. Recommendation: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

• St
      4th of May, 2009

I was never paid for working with michael at scooter tronics in june of 2008, never seen one check from the company. I want my money this has gone on long enough. I was told that he got sent to court and never showed up when the agency i worked for tryed to contact Michael he never returned the call, the store in waldorf is not even there anymore. maybe he took my money to move the store i have no idea but i wont sit here and let you lie about paying me when I never recieved one penny. I worked for Scootertronics for almost 4 weeks and RECIEVED NOT ONE DIME !!!

• J5
      20th of May, 2009
    ScooterTronics - nonprofessional
    Scootertronics
    Sykesville
    Maryland

Never again will I interact with this company. After ordering 300.00 worth of parts, waiting over a month, promised returnphone calls that NEVER happened, shipping the wrong parts after waiting a month, charging my credit card immediatly(when they knowingly had to wait 3 weeks for arrival of the parts). Making me pay shipping back to them on the wrong parts they had sent me... the list goes on and on... do yourself a favor and never give this company a dime of your money .. they do not appreciate an honest transaction

• To
      16th of Oct, 2009

I dealt with this michael personally and he is exactly as described by customer and a ###. He does not give a damn about the customer and should not be in business..

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY...

30th of Dec, 2009

Michael Milsted does not know how to communicate in a professional manner.
    He sends confused, vaguely sarcastic, rude and contradictory e-mails that are one long run-on with no punctuation. The folks in Taiwan he buys from probably have better English skills.

Compared to what I've seen on this page, I was lucky enough to only be cheated out of the the price of a spark plug, but I wasted weeks waiting on e-mails that when they eventually came communicated only his disregard for his customer.

• Sc
      2nd of Jan, 2010

Don't be agravated by your previous Chinese motorsport experience, change it! We at scrappydogscooters.com are committed to customer service and realistic pricing. We stock many parts for chinese vehicles, and ship them right the same day. We guarantee satisfaction fully and completely. We are a Las Vegas all American company, seeking to help good ol' Americans just wanting a good product at a good price. Is that too much to ask? Call 702-689-9266 or email at service@scrappydogscooters.com to see if we can help you with your scooter, atv, or motorcycle parts needs.