Scooter Nitro / Lawsuit

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I was/am a victim of Scooter Nitro. See the posting by Jack. I am trying to decide whether I should initiate a lawsiut against them. I will be filing a complaint with the Minnesota Attorny General but I don't know if that is enough. Thier website is back up, kinda, they claim it is under construction. My reason for posting today is to determine if anyone would like to do a calss action lawsuit? Please post to this if you would and let me kow. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Br
      15th of Dec, 2008

Very interested. Six months ago scooter arrived - didn't work - begged, pleaded, did everything - they eventually promised to send needed replacement parts for a new scooter. Six months have passed and they will not even speak with me. The listed phone number does not answer. What may I do?

15th of Dec, 2008

Company is terrible - needs enough of us to get it put out of business.

• Cr
      17th of Dec, 2008

I also bought a scooter from them about 6 months ago. The Machoman model. I have had nothing but problems right out the crate. They also stated that it is now my responsibiility to have it fixed. I will definitly join the lawsuit if one is filed. I asked them for a new one due to the lemon law. They still haven't responded.

• Sc
      19th of Dec, 2008

I am currently undergoing a case with the BBB of Missouri. ScooterNitro sent an email that they were out of business. I have been considering a Class Action Suit myself. They have robbed a lot of people this year. I will probably pursue this in Small Claims Court if a class action lawsuit doesn't come up first.

• Lo
      13th of Jan, 2009

Hope you all had a great Holiday Season! So, for those of you interested in a class action suit please get in touch with me via email: scooternitrolawsuit@gmail.com and let me know the following:
    1) Your story
    2) What state you live in
    3) What legal action have you taken if any

• Jd
      7th of Feb, 2009

Right on I will!! bought a stealth 150 touring bike in mid July, the odometer wasn't working It has a bad wobble in the front tire the speedometer is showing 17 mph faster then the bike is going and the the throttle cable is now broke. I called scooternitro and they told me sorry they are under chapter 11, so i'm screwed with a bike thats dangerous to ride when and if i get the throttle fixed

• Ci
      25th of Feb, 2009

I would love to be a part of the class action. I had to spend $260 just to get it up and running and am still waiting on parts from sept.

• Fr
      7th of Apr, 2009

I would also join the suit. I have been waiting for parts since June or July of 08. I need a METER ASSY, SPEEDOMETER LINE, IGNITION SWITCH LOCK, and FUEL LOW-TENSION SWITCH. I have been pricing out the parts since then and they add up to almost $400. This is if I pay and put the parts in myself. If I have a dealer do it for me it would cost over $1000 to do this. This is really really crappy that we all buy a new scooter from this place and this is what happens to us. We need to all stand up and make them pay. As of now I am going to get in touch with the BBB in my area and file a complaint.

• Pi
      12th of Apr, 2009

I bought a machoman mc-54b from them. I also had trouble getting parts, they kept saying, it's being shipped from China and it takes time. I never recieved the parts and sent numerous E-mails, all I got, if they responded was it will be there. I also have had nothing but problems with my bike and was suppose to have 3 year warrenty on parts. Then I found out they went out of buissiness and now I'm stuck with the bike. I'd like them to take it back and get refunded and buy a different bike from a legitiment buissiness

• Sc
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I didn't buy from Scooter Nitro. But, I did get scammed big time from a dealer I perceived to be established selling Tank Touring scooters!

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov). ScootDawg member suggested I file a complaint with the Motor Vehicle Commission. Recently, sent a letter to MVC Investigations. Also, plaster the owner and there business on Yahoo, Yellow Pages, etc.

• La
      22nd of May, 2009

I too bought a Machoman 260 and recieved a Cypress 250. Ihad problems with the thing just quiting, a rectifier problem, then odometer not working, box on back lost it latch, now turn signal broken. Called numerous times, sent email for parts back in Dec still no parts. Four year warranty no one will honor...

• Ai
      18th of Jun, 2009

If you start a lawsuit, please let me know and I will gladly join.

~Aimee
    dylan-and-aimee@live.com

• Av
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I had the Cyprus MC54B a year now, when I received the bike it was not what I ordered, and asked about description that was altered to make the bike look like a it had a 21.2 hp engine. I also contacted the California warehouse and was told any issue with the bike must be taken up with the dealer. So if a lawsuit is pursued please contact me at Avi.Negron@gmail.com (seattle, Wa.)

24th of Jul, 2009

I also have a problem with my Stealth touring 150cc that I bought from scooter nitro. If there is a lawsuit I will partake in this action
    speedone999@comcast.net
    Brian

• Ro
      6th of Jul, 2010

I had a problem too, I ordered a silver Machoman 260 touring Bike, I got a black one the title took weeks to weeks to come, I had to call repeatedly finaly I got it. It was hard to start but i got it running, but it don't stay running it dies all the time. I took it to a yamaha mechanic and he told he it was junk he could not get it fixed. He said he thinks it needs a carburator but he is not sure it sit in my Barn and I cant's ride it, I am Pissed Scooter Nitro Sucks

• Wa
      26th of Sep, 2010

it's businesses like scooter nitro that give respected places a bad name . if anyone had a good experance with them i would like to hear it. i too got the machoman 260-cypress250 and spent 400.00 getting ready to ride. not willing to really ride it due to constant problems . in 2 yrs only 300 miles. now my spouse says not just women get taken for a ride.